This position is responsible for Special Markets is responsible for the onboarding of various large scale accounts to Henry Schein website and managing the customer integration for other electronic solutions offered. Responsibilities include constructing training roadmaps for new & existing accounts, administering customer & sales team web trainings, developing User Guides and other relevant documentation, coordinating implementation details & launch schedules, facilitating team and customer communication and satisfaction, UAT testing of new technological solutions, generating reporting information & analysis, gathering customer feedback, assist in developing requirements for new internal solutions and customer-facing solutions, electronic catalog management.
* Training customers and sales teams on the Henryschein.com platform
* Customer Support affiliated to all procurement solutions
* Electronic Catalog Maintenance; Customer specific and corporate catalogs
* Continued Education / Training for enhancement of knowledge.
* Progress & tracking reports to management.
Manages customer integrations for the Website, cXML Punchout Solutions,
EDI connectivity, and other technical initiatives
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Advanced intermediate level professional; knowledge within own discipline and developing basic knowledge of organization, processes and customers. Good judgment, sound analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity required to perform tasks. Frequently apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
Work on problems of moderate scope and impact where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Analyze possible solutions using standard procedures to solve a range of straightforward problems; may recommend solutions to business challenges. Demonstrate good judgment within defined procedures and practices for obtaining solutions. Build productive internal/external working relationships.
Receive a moderate level of instruction on day-to-day work and general instruction on new projects or assignments. Assignments can be broad in nature.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 3 to 5 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Good understanding of industry practices
* Proficient with tools, systems, and procedures
* Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
* Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good presentation and public speaking skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Basic conflict resolution skills
* Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience in the areas of computer equipment and related peripherals, dental technology, and working in a large/diverse corporate structure.
* A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of computer, networking equipment and related peripherals.
* Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Needs to be an expert in time and priority management.
* Strong understanding of Web best practices for design and usability.
* Familiar with purchasing software and their interaction with ERP systems including AP and AR.
* Basic computer software skills including the use of spreadsheets, word processing, and Power-Point.
Quick learner of newer applications.
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers
About Henry Schein
Henry Schein is a provider of health care products and services to dental practitioners and laboratories, animal health clinics, physician practices, government, institutional health care clinics, and other alternate care clinics.