Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world's oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you!
Application Architect (Manager, Implementation)Location: Multiple US locations Travel Required: 50% - 75% yearly within the US
An Application Architect for Duck Creek Technologies will, in addition to the list of requirements below, define the applications required to operationalize the business imperatives. This person will also define how the components of all the applications relate to each other, they will support the business need and ensure the application components align with the application architecture and meet application performance goals.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
* Minimum of 10 years experience with .Net Solutions, C#, XML, XSL, SQL and relational database design.
* Minimum of 10 years experience implementation experience with P&C Insurance software applications.
* Minimum of 5 years experience with release management and code deployment tools.
* Facilitation experience for conducting requirements gathering and stakeholder agreement meetings.
* Familiar with Joint Application Design (JAD) session, prototyping, Conference Room Pilot (CRP), and similar approaches and principles.
* Familiar with business process design concepts and principles.
* Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for P&C insurance software.
* Experience with systems integration (Policy, Billing, Claims, Reinsurance, third-party systems).
* Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Example Platform solutions for Policy Administration, Billing and/or ASW Claims
* Previous experience working directly with customers.
* Define the applications required to operationalize the business imperatives.
* Define how the components of all the applications relate to each other, they will support the business need.
* Ensure the application components align with the application architecture and meet application performance goals.
* Identify and address application and data issues that affect application integrity.
* Identify cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect the business architecture integrity.
* Work with other architects to ensure the application components align with a specific architecture component and meet performance goals.
* Ability to transform customer requirements into user and application requirements. Perform Technical Feasibility.
* Perform Design / Code Review
* Participate in Conformance Review
* Increase the level of buyer confidence by providing key inputs during the opportunity phase.