DSP and Communications Developer/Engineer T1 (Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 220471
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: None
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
CACI is looking for entry level DSP and Communications Developer/Engineers to join our SkyTracker Counter UAS/Drone group in either Sterling, VA or Sarasota, FL. You will be part of a team and culture of sharing information amongst teammates, team before self, and one of encouraging self-improvement.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Make use of your Engineering and Digital Signal Processing schooling and experience on the development of Sky Tracker family of systems that protect our war fighters and critical infrastructure from drone threats.
* Put into use your software development skills in the implementation of new and advanced complex solutions to our customer needs and to exceed their expectations.
* The focus of this position will be to start out as an entry level developer and progress your career and responsibilities as time goes on.
* Your primary responsibilities will be to write and maintain the code that powers the signal processing side of the SkyTracker system.
* This includes coding primarily in C, C++, and Python.
* The work will be performed mostly in the signal processing environments of X-Midas and M2Extra (government environments similar to GNU Radio and MATLAB).
* As a part of these development efforts you will also be called on to assist with the end-to-end testing of the Sky Tracker system.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain TS/SCI CI Poly clearance.
* Education: Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar
* Experience: 0 - 3 years
* Software development experience, academic level experience acceptable.
* Entry level understanding of Signal processing and RF systems.
* Possible occasional travel (1-2 weeks) to assist in conducting hands-on equipment testing and field evaluation.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Desired experience with X-Midas, M2Extra, MATLAB, and/or GNU Radio.
* Software Defined Radio (SDR) experience including receiver architectures, software channelization, modulation/demodulation techniques, spectral analysis, error correcting codes.
* JIRA/Confluence Experience.
* Familiarity with Linux systems.
* Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) systems and test equipment (such as: spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, or signal generator) in support of projects and/or Senior Technical staff activities.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.