At Pfizer we make medicines and vaccines that change patients' lives with a global reach of over 780 million patients. Pfizer Digital is the organization charged with winning the digital race in the pharmaceutical industry. We apply our expertise in technology, innovation and our business to support Pfizer in this mission.
The Digital Solutions and Enablement (DSE) team creates comprehensive technology solutions for our external customers. This includes all digital (web, mobile, omni-channel, & devices) products, platforms, services and experiences in service of:
* Patients and Caregivers
* Clinicians & Study Participants
* Payers, Hospitals, Pharmacies, Pharmacy Benefit Managers, Government Health Systems and Institutions
Solutions teams within DSE are driven to ensure that every health system stakeholder is given easy access to the information and tools they need to manage the best possible outcome for patients.
Opportunities exist for DSE in many disciplines including web, mobile, artificial intelligence, and the electronic medical record (EMR) space to empower our stakeholders through seamless user experiences to support the detection, diagnosis, access and adherence for patients in their health journeys.
We seek qualified individuals to join us in our mission to fulfill our company's purpose as we advance breakthroughs that change patients' lives by ensuring they have access to quality healthcare services and Pfizer's medicines and vaccines.
The DSE Solutions Squad Lead and Project Managers are servant-leaders of a scrum and\or project team using appropriate methodologies (scrum, agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.) to provide continuous delivery of digital experiences across the relevant customer types. These customer types could include Patients and Caregivers, Healthcare Professionals, organized customers like Hospitals or Pharmacies, or internal Pfizer colleagues. They are embedded in a team focused on a customer type and work closely with Product and Solution Leads, scrum masters, engineers\developers, client partners, vendors and others to accomplish the team's and the organization's goals in delivery products and solutions.
The Squad Lead is accountable to directly lead management and creation of products and experiences directly supporting Enterprise-level and Pfizer Executive Leadership Team members' goals and objectives for global, regional and local Patient and Caregiver-facing digital solutions. They are lead for execution of all relevant product or project enhancements and support all business units worldwide. Experiences may incorporate web-based, mobile and\or desktop-based products and solutions.
The incumbent for this role leads a cross functional team of technologists from end to end in providing new and enhanced solutions which add value to all business units on a global basis. Manages resources to ensure projects are completed on schedule, within budget and meets technical and business requirements. S/he is a key expert / leader managing stakeholders for products global, regional and local D&T teams and business stakeholders.
* To work with Regional BU BT leads, BT Business Partners and key Business Stakeholders to develop and deliver solutions which overcome complex commercial business problems and allow business value to be realized through innovative technology solutions. This will be done by leveraging expertise / resources worldwide across solution center teams.
* Applies skills and discipline knowledge to contribute to the achievement of work across the product \ project team to achieve the needs of a cross-functional, multidisciplinary team product development team in continuously delivering enhancements to strategic, ELT endorsed digital products supporting all business units globally. Acts as servant-leader to a team across the entire D&T Business Unit in delivering products (e.g., across Client Partner\Product Management, Enterprise Platforms and Security, Core Solution and Data and Analytics teams).
* Interprets internal/external business challenges and best practices to recommend improvements to products, processes, and services
* Sets objectives for and manages one or more scrum teams with ongoing work activities across all commercial business units within a product grouping and\or portfolio of projects. Leads teams by making decisions that require developing innovative options to resolve complex problems when implementing strategic products\projects for all commercial Business Units.
* Influences, manages and provides leadership to people, technological and financial resources within and across Digital Solutions Enablement, other Digital and Technology teams, business stakeholders and vendor resources in implementing highly complex work on products and\or projects. Manages resources and assignments from other functional areas and for global programs across regions.
* Applies technical and advanced knowledge to plan\design efforts of continuous delivery in an enterprise environment and uses their comprehensive knowledge of principles and concepts in other disciplines within D&T in delivery of digital experiences. In particular, leads of technical delivery management including; scope, detailed agile requirement definition (epics, features, and stories), plans, budget, high level timelines, resourcing, managing entrance/exit criteria, scrum team resource management, metrics tracking, and technical program delivery to scope and quality standards.
* Maintain product plans and partner with the Support and Operations teams as appropriate in transitioning to devops team and\or support.
* Actively lead and participate in meetings with; clients, vendors and stakeholders to provide technology product and\or project status and management\resolution of issues and risks.
* Provides technical and functional expertise to Business Units globally and regionally. Has advanced knowledge of principles, concepts and theories of continuous delivery of digital and technology and implementation of products and systems supporting the relevant customer type (Patients and Caregivers). Uses knowledge of industry, customer requirements and general business environment to enable delivery of projects and programs, leveraging both standard commercial roadmap patterns as well as innovative technologies across a range of systems disciplines to deliver value to Pfizer business units. Exhibits a high level of business knowledge and understanding of the external marketplace and anticipates business line or sub-function customer requirements.
* Champions innovation. Develops and leverages resources to implement innovative ideas/processes/ products across DSE and Business Units, taking appropriate risks to achieve desired results; guides and influences the team and stakeholders on acceptable levels of risk-taking.
* Review projects/programs against business case when completed to ensure projected benefits are being realized.
* Work with the Center of Excellence teams to ensure project solutions align with product roadmaps, helping to develop an application strategy which provide long term value to the overall business and allow the BT function to reduce cost.
* Partner with GCS Architecture Engineering and Development teams in all aspects of Solution Delivery from ideation and estimation through transition to support.
* Drive technical delivery cost savings targets through effective project estimation, vendor selection and negotiation
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and relevant technical experience with emphasis on software development and maintenance.
* 7+ years of relevant experience
* Proven relevant experience as an information technology professional in one or many roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist.
* Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of the Pharma industry, customer requirements and general business environment to adapt and implement strategic solutions, products and\or projects. Proven experience in exhibiting high level of business knowledge and understanding of the external marketplace and in anticipating business requirements.
* Proven relevant experience as an IT technology leader, preferably in a pharmaceutical industry.
Demonstrated progressive experience successfully designing, delivering and maintaining IT business solutions for large-scale global organizations across multiple hardware and software platforms. Must have demonstrated competency / expertise in:
* Software Development Lifecycle management, including production system maintenance and operation
* Team leadership and project management
* Minimum of 7+ years of experience as an information technology professional with increasing responsibility designing, delivering, and maintaining digital systems
* Proven track record of building and implementing a global technology strategy that aligns to business priorities
* Proven experience working and building relationships with senior business executives and leadership teams developing and delivering strategy and operating plans with demonstrated competency in strategic thinking, leadership and relationship management.
* Managing financial and human resources to meet goals across multiple projects and\or products
* Sourcing model definition and effective execution
* Technology solutions delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment
* Demonstrated experience in vendor negotiations with cited impacts to strategic direction and in-line production products.
* High level of awareness of internal and external technology trends.
* High proficiency and proven successful delivery of experiences using Agile development, especially scaled agile and lean techniques and methodologies (Disciplined Agile, SAFe, etc.)
* Line management experience in a global organization with demonstrated career development and coaching expertise, including performance management, succession planning and new hire planning
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Travel will be required as part of this role. Expectations around travel will vary but candidates must be capable of travel within the region, to other regions, and to Pfizer World Headquarters.
* Business Technology is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: June 26, 2019
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.