Status: Full-time, exempt
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m., 37.5 hours per week including occasional evening and weekend work and/or travel based on business needs/position requirements. Note: This is an exempt position and there may be a need to work outside of core hours based on the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Reports to: Director of Web Applications
Direct reports: None
Start date: ASAP
Location: While IES Abroad is headquartered in Chicago, the Drupal Web Support Specialist will work out of his or her home office or work out of IES Abroad headquarters in Chicago, as required.
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 9,500 study abroad students every year.
From our headquarters in Chicago to our 400+ study abroad programs in 85 global locations worldwide, we create authentic global education and life-affirming cultural experiences. We work at IES Abroad because we believe that every student should have the opportunity to go abroad - especially in a fun, safe, and superior academic and cultural environment.
We believe so strongly in the power of our program, that we actively recruit students from diverse populations and provide more than $5 million in scholarships year after year. We are proud that our students are as diverse and exciting as the countries we study.
We're not ashamed to admit, we're a little bit obsessed with study abroad.
Summary of position:
The Drupal Web Application Analyst Web Application Analyst performs ongoing support and maintenance of the IES Abroad public website at www.IESAbroad.org and IES Abroad-related sites, including Study Abroad Foundation (SAF) sites, by managing the various tickets submitted to the website's helpdesk queue, while also executing site building and other enhancement activities. A member of the Marketing Department, the Web Application Analyst works with both the Director of Web Applications and the Web Technical Analysts on a daily basis. Success factors for this position are technical knowledge, development and integration experience coupled with ability to understand and support practical, effective, customer-driven processes.
Essential job responsibilities & duties:
* Maintain strong customer service and manage, prioritize, and complete incoming help desk tickets related to public website, and work with internal staff or outsourced vendors to identify, test, and resolve user issues in a timely and accurate manner
* Work under the direction of the Marketing Department to support and build public website functionality
* Communicate effectively with all stakeholders and end users (as applicable)
* Contribute to, document, and troubleshoot web-related enhancements/projects/fixes/testing through working with internal staff, partners, and outsourced vendors
* Review, understand, follow, and help to document detailed business, functional, and technical requirements of IES Abroad's public website (www.IESabroad.org)
* Support related web needs and requests from IES Internships, Customized Programs, Advancement, internal portals, and SAF
* Provide detailed project estimates and work plans
* Seek out opportunities for enhancing existing technology, identifying issues, and proposing solutions proactively, or implementing new technology
* Provide detailed technical specifications with regards to any proposed fixes, features or upgrades to the website
* Create and maintain technical support documentation
* Accurately document completed work as it pertains to fixes, features, and upgrades to the website
* Contribute to business continuity strategies and disaster recovery
* Responsive to out of hours support requirements
* Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
* Any other task or duty as assigned or required
Experience & Qualifications/Skills:
* 1-3+ years' experience with Drupal 7 required, D8 experience a plus
* Demonstrate a solid portfolio of Drupal work; preference will be given to candidates who are active contributors to the Drupal community
* Knowledge of web standards and cross-browser development is required
* Knowledge and experience with Drupal site building and some PHP
* Demonstrated help desk experience
* 1-3+ years' experience supporting web applications
* Knowledge of source code management, build scripting and deployment
* Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems
The candidate should also demonstrate experience and/or training in the following:
* Demonstrate good multi-tasking and organizational skills
* Strong collaboration and ability to coordinate work with team members
* Show ability to effectively analyze a problem and prove good problem solving skills
* Learn and adapt to a fast-paced results-oriented environment
* Work towards and meet established deadlines
* Excellent customer service skills with the ability to build and sustain strong relationships
* Ability to accept constructive criticism
* Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
* High level of self-motivation and integrity
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Self-starter with ability to pick up new technology quickly
Education Licenses and/or Certifications etc.:
* Bachelor's degree or higher in computer-related major or equivalent experience
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties above are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Temporary modifications to provide reasonable accommodations do not waive any essential functions of the job requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Treating all people with respect is at the core of who we are.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, citizenship, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information and/or other protected status as required by applicable law.
When you join IES Abroad, you're part of a diverse community of global leaders who know that our differences in skills and backgrounds are just as important as our shared passions and mission. Surrounded by a mix of talented professionals, you find yourself wanting to come to work, and, more importantly, wanting to stay and advance our mission together