conduct meetings with customer SME's, BA's and architect to understand and clarify functional and technical requirements
Thought Leadership / Process Improvements / Delivery Excellence:
* ' Lead technology inititives, incubate and build tools & reusable assets for dev / Productivity enhancement. * ' Understand the current IT/Technology trends and analyze/identify the impact of each trend on the business segments within vertical in relation to area under purview. * Create reusable assets / supporting artifacts based on the industry landscape. * Identify reusable solutions/assets which can be built within the technology unit. * Coauthor points of view. * publish whitepapers. * represent in the Technology Conferences/Roadshows/Forums. * Guide teams to create case studies/whitepapers on application/solution/enterprise architecture / technology recommendations. * Participate and present in industry forums, technology forums and workshops.
Technology Review for Projects:
* Review deliverables, and tasks Assigned to the team to ensure quality deliverables ontime.
Design & Analysis:
* ' Develop proof of concept as designed by architect. * setup development environment for team to work in. * break up the modules considering technical aspects. * Understand interdependencies of the various components in work packages that are being developed. * Create design documents with the support of the architects for the assigned scope. * Work with architect to understand the architecture of the application, high level approaches and ensure that the design is in line with overall direction. * conduct peer review, as required. * Organize design review sessions with various stakeholders to validate design is as per requirements.
* ' Identify the standards applicable for the work packages / components. * Familiarize the team with development environment and CTS and customer specific coding standards, guidelines and best practices to be followed through sessions and document sharing. * Review the code created by team and provide review comments to the developers. * develop code for core / critical module(s) needed for the project. * Contribute towards development of framework. * Develop/ review tier coding, business layer coding, interface development, service development, creation of stored procedures etc as applicable for the work package / project. * Write efficient queries and understand logical and physical data models. * follow up with Developers to ensure integration of components (input / output). * troubleshoot critical technical issues. * Handle escalations related to critical technical issues. * create detailed tasks for the scope and share timelines for the same with the team. * track the status of the tasks assigned, maintain detailed task information for the work packages owned and do periodic reporting. * conduct technical review and audit. * Create quality check points for all deliverables. * estimate at task level in the area of work concerned, measure and report the actual effort against the estimated effort and ensure task progress reporting in C20 or any other applicable tool. * Prepare and report status for the scope responsible. * conduct peer reviews in coding and testing phase.
Process Improvements and Adherence:
* Create training plan for team as identified in the training plan for the project. * Plan and participate in innovation sessions. * identify and implement innovative processes to reduce manual intervention and improve productivity based on technology and domain expertise. * Prepare business case to quantify process improvement (efforts saved etc). * Identify/ evaluate opportunities for valueadds and implement valueadds for the project. * Participate in front end delivery audit(s). * highlight and identify technical risks to project manager.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.