Driver Development Engineer Job Description
A software developer for IOTG. Your primary responsibilities include Integration and development of Linux application, IO device driver and firmware. Debug various software components and tools for Linux, fixing the issue in a timely manner.
Must be able to work directly with open source communities and across business units within Intel. Have a good understanding of Open Source workflows and tools, platform & system enabling, and execute timely and flawlessly to put together robust solutions for Intel platforms.
* Ensuring delivering world class quality software
* Use software and hardware debugging tools to analyze, root cause and troubleshoot issues.
* Architects interfaces for communicating with hardware providing a cross-platform solutions.
* Software development using C & C++
* Develop testing method for third party component for purpose of verification and integration.
* Prepare the material development such as software reference manual, release notes and etc..
* You must possess a Bachelor's or a Master's degree or a Ph.D. in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
* Ability to work well in a diverse team environment and with others in cross-site organizations
* At least 1 years of working experience in Linux.
* Strong Programming Skills in C and shell script.
Additional qualification will be added advantage
* Good understanding of I2C, UART, RTC, Watchdog, CAN, Power management and QEP.
* Experience in DMA and other techniques for minimizing buffer copies.
* Strong debugging and system integration skill. Must be capable of troubleshooting Linux BSP and IO related issues in Linux system
* Good understanding of OS and kernel system and architecture, such as Linux.
* Working knowledge in the software engineering development lifecycle process
* Knowledge of Intel, SPARC, ARM architecture and PC/Embedded system
Inside this Business Group
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.
Intel is a developer and manufacturer of microprocessors and other semiconductor components.