Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud. We offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology-or multiple X-ray technologies-to address each customer's unique security application requirements. Our commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence.
Under remote direction, performs computer hardware and software upgrades which include editing batch files and installing new scripts, also a wide variety of other complex technical support activities by installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and servicing Rapiscan x-ray security systems at customer sites in a field environment. Responsible for assisting, advising, and instructing customer and installation personnel concerning the installation, operation, maintenance, testing and repair of complex and very sophisticated systems and related products in a field environment at multiple locations. Helps develop and maintain relationships and favorable contacts with current and potential clients. Helps ensure excellent client satisfaction through the delivery and maintenance of security and detection products and related professional services. Makes recommendations on system enhancements and/or design considerations. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Perform computer hardware and hard drive maintenance, install software upgrades, scripting for windows automation and editing batch files for improved compatibility between the computer and equipment interface.
* Performs the installation, maintenance, modification, testing, troubleshooting and repair of systems of a highly complex nature.
* Manages customer expectations as the on-site company representative. Individual will be the on-site point liaison for the customer.
* Contacts and coordinates with internal departments for parts as required ensuring optimal equipment operation.
* Prepares and documents the details of the "fix" to the problem from each customer site upon completion of the visit. Information put into Navision as well as an internally designed database.
* Acquaints customer personnel with the full capabilities of the equipment and/or systems for the immediate operational requirements.
* Advises customer of all equipment changes and authorized modifications.
* Augments technicians in job performance in assigned group as required maintaining continuity of work. May perform the most complex work assignments; sets up equipment as required.
* Prepares and submits trip reports which include results and recommendations for product improvement and site efficiency.
* Coordinates with Field Service management to ensure most efficient service at customer sites in the field.
* Performs daily corrective and preventive maintenance activities at assigned work location.
* Interfaces with local customer contacts with regards to site operations and service needs.
* Prepared to travel with minimal notice as needed.
* Uphold the Company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company's Code of Ethics and Conduct.
* It is the responsibility of every Rapiscan Systems employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
* Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
* First foremost extensive experience in scripting and batch files for automated systems will be accepted as a substitute to some of the qualifications listed below considering applicant is willing to learn how to perform the responsibilities listed above.
* Associate's Degree in Engineering, military trade school/technical training or equivalent experience.
* At least three (3) to four (4) years related field service experience required.
* 1 year of service support of equipment experience in a similar work environment preferred.
* Must be knowledgeable of engineering standards, equipment maintenance techniques and quality control procedures.
* Knowledge of complex mechanical systems, familiarity with test equipment (DVM and oscilloscope); experience with High Voltage and X-ray producing equipment a plus.
* Ability to effectively use Microsoft office products such as Word and Excel and have a working knowledge of MS DOS operating systems.
* Customer relations and handling ability is paramount to this position.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all contacts.
* Ability to work both individually and in a team environment is critical to be successful in this role.
* Must be able to approach particular non-documented issues and present solutions and set procedures in place for future incidents.
* Must be able to work in remote areas with adverse conditions.
* Must be available to travel on short notice, work non-standard hours, travel on weekends, and assist other field sites as required. High level of travel away from home for extended periods to remote locations required.
* Must have active Secret Security Clearance.
* Must be willing to deploy to OCONUS locations; to be determined by contract requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO is the Law
Poster Link: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.
About OSI Systems
OSI Systems is a company which provides electronic systems and components for businesses in the homeland security, healthcare, defense, and aerospace markets.