Document Management Analyst
Req #: 221361
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Service Contract Act
Minimum Security Clearance: Public Trust
Document Management Analyst
Document Management Analyst for DRS Disability Rights Section - Civil Rights Division- US Department of Justice.
Candidate will provide Document Management Analyst support to DRS, Disability Rights Section.
Candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, and ability to work independently and creatively.
The contractor will perform the following duties:
In addition to performing functions of Document Management Technician, as described below, performs moderately complex litigation support tasks, including, for example, detailed indexing of case files, drafting procedures for accomplishing litigation support assignments, document acquisition related tasks, etc.
* Proofreads and edits deliverable products.
* Sometimes serves as "team leader" for larger group of Document Management Technicians and clerical support staff. Often works with minimal supervision.
* Reports to Task Supervisor or Project Supervisor.
* One year of experience on major litigation support projects.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment.
* Must be able to write; excellent writing skills and oral communication skills extremely important. Requires hands-on familiarity with the Government's data processing environments, including office automation networks, PC-based database and other applications, internet and server-based database and other applications, such as Oracle, Concordance, Summation, Trial Director, etc.
* Should be a knowledgeable user of the Government's word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems. Undergraduate degree strongly preferred; substantial significant experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
* A DOJ MBI is required to begin employment. For this position, CACI has the ability to provide clearance sponsorship for qualified individuals.
* Requires Bachelor's Degree.
* Spanish language skills preferable but not required.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.