Docker Core Runtime Engineer
Docker Inc. is the company behind The Docker Project: the open platform to build, ship, and run distributed applications. At the core of the platform is the Docker Engine, a lightweight application runtime. Docker Engine is one of the fastest growing open source projects in history. Currently, we have over 800 individual contributors submitting more than 100 code contributions each week. At Docker Inc., the Engine Team is composed of open source maintainers actively participating in the community. Our contributors make The Docker Project even better. They manage an amazing flow of external contributions to our Github repository, provide expertise, and support both external partners and in-house engineering teams. The Docker Core team is looking to extend our engineering expertise to low-level storage knowledge, and Linux kernel development.
* Build and maintain high-performance runtime frameworks, libraries, and services
* Be an active maintainer of The Docker Project, by contributing Go code to the open-source projects, helping the community contribute, reviewing submissions, and participating in the design decisions
* Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap and take ownership and responsibility for new projects to make them happen
* Build new features for containers today and where containers will be tomorrow
* Computer Science degree or equivalent experience required
* Experience with Linux systems programming
* Fluency in at least one programming language: C/C++, Go
* English proficiency preferred
* Familiarity with some (not necessarily all) topics such as:
* Linux filesystems
* Image distribution
* Content storage and management
* Kernel and container security
* Linux containerization
Docker is the leader in the containerization market, combining an enterprise-grade container platform with world-class services to give developers and IT alike the freedom to build, manage and secure applications without the fear of technology or infrastructure lock-in. Today's organizations are under pressure to digitally transform their business but are constrained by a diverse portfolio of applications, clouds and premises-based infrastructures.Docker unlocks the potential of every organization with a container platform that brings traditional applications and microservices built on Window, Linux and mainframe into an automated and secure supply chain, advancing dev to ops collaboration. As a result, organizations report a 300 percent improvement in time to market, while reducing operational costs by 50 percent. Inspired by open source innovation and a rich ecosystem of technology and go-to-market partners, Docker's container platform and services are used by millions of developers and more than 550 Global 10K commercial customers including ADP, GE, MetLife, PayPal and Societe Generale.
Docker is a company developing an open platform for distributed applications.