What you'll be doing...
The Enterprise Architecture group is seeking a Distinguished/technical Architect to play a critical, client-facing role that interacts with multiple application teams with the goal of creating the next generation architecture for Verizon business group. The architect will facilitate collaboration sessions and ensure consistency and alignment across Enterprise from both a technical and process alignment perspective.
Candidate will review, assess, recommend, provide guidance and expert advice in the areas of technology architectures, frameworks, methodologies, patterns and best practices to help implement world class enterprise scale information technology architecture. The architect will partner with technology and business leaders from multiple organizations in defining strategic technology investments in vendor or open source products to help define the next gen enterprise architecture. The architect will facilitate collaboration sessions and ensure consistency and alignment across Enterprise from both a technical and process alignment perspective.
Candidate will work closely with internal stakeholders from a strategic perspective to identify and exploit opportunities to improve business processes, promote the strategic use of emerging technologies and assess competing products or vendors that can address enterprise level use cases. Candidate will network and collaborate with technical and business leaders across multiple organizations, develop viewpoints on industry and technology trends, publish viewpoints for industry consumption, and speak in reputed industry and partner forums.
Candidate will focus on engineering innovative, strategic, and long-term solutions that align with Verizon enterprise architecture standards. The Technical architect will be responsible for ensuring consistent solutions across all channels that are simple, scalable and sustainable and above all secure.
What we're looking for...
You will have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or related field.
* Seven or moreyears of IT experience, withfive or moreyears of experience in Enterprise Technology architecture and with experience in one or more of the domains from Experience, API, Data, AIML and Cloud. Has performed as a senior Architect or architecture lead.
* Seven or more years of experience in Telecom Industry Enterprise Architecture.
* Experience in defining and driving Cloud migration and strategy.
* Experience with AI and Machine Learning.
* Experience business intelligence technologies, Data analysis
* Experience in articulating the business drives and architectural approach/trade-offs during discussions for solution.
* Knowledge of Wireless B2B, VES, VPS, VBM organizations is a plus
* Ability to create system and process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, sequence and UML diagrams, inter and intra system dependencies within the functional domain and across them.
* Ability to facilitate group meetings/discussions.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.