Digital Guardian is looking for a Distinguished Quality Assurance Architect to join our team in our Waltham, MA headquarters! In this role, you will own our vision for quality and you will collaboratively lead and drive execution of that vision. We are aggressively shifting in our testing strategy to bring our quality processes to best-in breed for SaaS delivery. You would lead the change!
For more than 10 years, Digital Guardian has enabled data-rich organizations to protect their most valuable assets with an on premises deployment or an outsourced managed security program (MSP). With headquarters in Waltham, MA, Digital Guardian operates in more than 60 countries, services seven of the top ten global patent holders, and include seven of the largest global automobile manufacturers as our customers!
To Be Successful In his Role You Will:
* Understand the principles and mechanics of agile development, because you will have had 4+ years as an agile developer, preferably in a modern CI/CD environment, but you will have gravitated to software engineer in test because of your passion for quality.
* Be committed to engineering quality into the product, rather than assuring it.
* Be obsessed about automation - at every level - and will have had experience in an organization with an automate-first mindset, having had experience with one or more modern test automation
* Be capable of executive and board level communications as well as an effective communicator and leader to direct and matrixed people.
* Understand the business and be able to define and take concrete steps to fulfill the vision using measures of risk, ROI, and capacity returned, among others.
* Be metrics-driven and use data to inform your strategy and teams' day-to-day activities.
* Be a key advocate for the customer understanding the impact of defect on the customer's value proposition.
* Attract talent to your organization through your personal brand and involvement in the quality community.
* Be an effective mentor and look to develop potential within your team.
* 4+ years of programming experience, bonus for kernel level development
* 4+ years working with relational database systems and/or with NoSQL solutions
* 4+ experience providing and consuming RESTful web services and JSON
* 4+ years working in an Agile software development environment
* Multi-platform endpoint experience (Windows, Mac, Linux)
* Experience with continuous integration systems using Jenkins, bonus for DevOps and Continuous Delivery
* Experience with automated, cloud-based test environment construction and teardown, preferably with non-trivial environmental variability
* Strong background in designing or extending existing test frameworks; JUnit, TestNg, Criterion, Robot, …
* Understanding of security, including threat and identity & access
* Understanding of packet sniffer tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, etc
* Experience troubleshooting OS, database, network configuration, and applications server issues
* Understanding of performance testing concepts, and tools
What We Offer:
Digital Guardian offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary and stock options. Our benefit package is comprehensive and includes Medical Insurance; Vision, Paid Vacation/Holidays; Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; and Long-Term Disability. If you have what we're looking for, want to be part of an innovative team, work with a world class product, and are committed to the highest quality of service. - We want to talk to you!