What you'll be doing...
As a key member of Verizon HQ Strategic Planning Team, lead in planning the 4G-LTE Network Architecture Evolution by providing technical leadership on network elements and the 4G/5G evolved Packet System as a whole. As a subject matter expert will provide technical leadership and direction both internally as well to equipment vendors. This position will be:
* Working closely with equipment vendor SMEs to develop feature requirements and implementation plans while working collaboratively with cross-functional internal teams.
* Develop planning, engineering and implementation guidelines, and provide direction for platform evolution including virtualized implementation of network elements in (NFV/Openstack).
* Study relevant standards (3GPP, 3GPP2, IETF, etc.) specifications to guide multivendor teams during creation or call flows or interface specification for network implementation.
* Researching, evaluating new features and technology and translating business objectives and strategies into viable network implementation plans.
* Providing network architecture leadership for 4G & 5G core including support for SGW/PGW-C/SMF, PGW-U/UPF, MME/AMF, SDM/UDM, AAA, DRA, PCRF/PCF and other related core network elements.
* Developing plans to provide seamless roaming experience with worldwide community of existing GSM voice and data networks.
* Providing direction to enhance current platforms' s hardware and software architectures.
* Evaluating and developing requirements for next generation platform and architectures.
* Working with equipment suppliers in developing methods, tools, and features to enhance fixed network capacity, performance, and capability.
* Participating in trials and evaluations of next generation platforms as needed.
* Perform independent system analysis, design and plan implementation.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with 4G Network elements (PCRF/PCF, DRA, SDM/UDM ).
* Experience with virtualized implementation (SDN/NFV) of Network/Telco nodes under NFV, OpenStack, etc.
Even better if you have:
* A degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or in a relevant field.
* Strong knowledge of Evolved Packet Core/System call flows and interworking, especially VoLTE call flows.
* Experience on RAN, UE or GW elements.
* Experience and ability to plan and design network wide features.
* Experience in utilizing or leading processes involved in planning and designing network wide features.
* Experience in driving changes in standards community.
* Experience in developing network wide design artifacts such as call flows, node selection, error mapping, timer management etc..
* Knowledge of HTTP2 protocols and relevance in 5G Service based architecture.
* Knowledge of 4G-LTE/IMS network and outstanding inter-personal skills (ability to collaborate and influence others to problem-solve) and 5G architecture.
* Working knowledge of the standards (3GPP, 3GPP2, IETF, GSMA, etc.) specifications.
* Experience in documenting call flows and performing network element capacity analysis.
* Knowledge of Voice over LTE/4G network design and associated call flows.
* Experience in developing network wide design artifacts such as call flows, node selection, error mapping, timer management etc.
* Ability to examine network call traces and identify root causes for network errors.
* Experience in vendor management along with strong engineering and innovative talents to foster technical creativity with Directors and senior management.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.