What you'll be doing...
Verizon Business Group is looking for an individual with both sales and technical experience to serve in a senior role on the leadership team. The RSDA is a direct report to the Managing Director and is among our highest individual contributor roles. You will engage with the leadership of the many functions supporting our security sales efforts. Your role is critical to improving sales velocity, efficiency and productivity.
You will also:
* Engage in a wide range of projects under the purview of the Security Solution Architect Team.
* Be measured on the overall performance of the security sales function.
* Set goals and achieve results in a data driven manner.
* Manage region wide (global) programs targeted to drive results and improve productivity.
* Collaborate with our many partners in the security space including Tanium, Recorded Futures, CheckPoint, Fortinet, RSA, etc.
* Act as a delegate of the Managing Director for Executive Briefings, meetings and other duties.
* Establish technology project frameworks and best practices. These may include collaboration programs, digital roadmap programs, process improvement programs, technical workflow development and knowledge share programs.
* Travel to customer sites, partner locations, conferences, and other related events as required.
What we're looking for...
* Strong technical acumen of the Cyber Security market.
* Exceptional communication skills with the ability to lead matrixed team.
* Experience managing revenue-generating and cost-management initiatives.
* A personal network and experience with key Verizon partners.
* Enthusiasm for the business aspects of technology.
* BA/BS degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent practical experience.
* 10+ years experience as a technical sales engineer in an IT infrastructure environment or equivalent experience in a Client-facing or IT staff role (including working as a member of a professional services or IT engineering team).
* 4 years experience as a Security Solutions Architect.
* up to 25% travel required
Even better if you have:
* MA/MS in business or technology
* Certifications in Palo Alto technology
* Experience architecting IT infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
* Subject Matter Expertise & certifications in Software Defined Networks, Cloud, Security or Unified Communications
* Advanced design and experience in networking, applications and security
* Large scale outsourcing/out-tasking experience
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.