What you'll be doing...
As a Distinguished Architect, you will be an integral part of a talented team of industry experts in the network space. This is a high-impact role working closely with our partners, account teams, and customers as a technology SME to develop reference architectures, use cases, and economies of scale to help drive our network business forward.
A Distinguished Architect provides deep expertise in enterprise networking to function as a tier 3 design leader for our entire customer facing organization. The qualified candidate will be among our highest individual contributor roles and have a special focus on scaling our business in the advanced technology space and being an industry leader. This will require executing a strategy across Verizon's key System Integrators, Software Partners, and Fortune 1000 business clients in close collaboration with the field sales organization and key constituents.
You will also:
* Be accountable for revenue targets with clear linkage to Verizon Product and Services.
* Work with account leaders, regional business development leaders, and architects to develop and implement key enablers to business growth
* Establish technology frameworks and best practices to maximize speed to market and operational supportability
* Set measurable goals and achieve results in a data driven manner.
* Establish go to market and strong collaboration with field sales organization.
* Engage in the most complex and challenging solutions and projects under the purview of the Network Advanced Technology team
* Be responsible for leading solution strategy and development to win the largest, most complex deals in the networking space
* Be responsible for peer reviews for complex deals and emerging technologies (SDN/NFV/Cloud/MNS)
* Be responsible for helping evangelize our culture of performance and building transformational competencies at scale
* Be responsible for increasing the technical and behavioral IQ of the SA organizatioBe responsible for providing technical thought leadership, including:
* Active participation in executive briefing planning, strategies and content
* Active participation in planning for quarterly customer advisory board events
* Active participation in developing vertical use cases and related artifacts (e.g. reference architectures).
* Travel to customer sites, partner locations, conferences, and other related events as required.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in the OSI layers 1-7, SDWAN, NFV, LAN/WLAN, data center, 5G, MNS/ITSM/ITIL, DevOps/Agile, etc.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* Master's in business or technology.
* Ten or more years' experience as a technical Solution Architect/Sales Engineer in an IT infrastructure environment or equivalent experience in a client-facing or IT staff role (including working as a member of a professional services or IT engineering team).
* Ten or more years' experience with key capabilities of similar companies and technologies.
* Five or more years of experiencewith SDWAN and security products and services.
* Certifications in relevant industry technologies
* Experience architecting IT infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
* Design and experience in networking, applications and security.
* Large scale outsourcing/out-tasking experience.
* Exceptional communication skills, including executive level communications and experience creating proposals, design summaries and presentations
* Ability to exhibit proactive, consultative technical thought leadership -- having a specific point of view and having the credibility and confidence to share it with customers
* Strong collaboration and communication competencies across cross-functional stakeholder organizations.
* Strong matrix-management and conflict management competencies.
* Strong industry relationships with system integrators, service providers, and other industry related firms.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.