Job CategoryProducts and Technology
The Security Software Engineering team builds and operates highly scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems to deliver cloud-scale security software services. We provide the fundamental building blocks to improve and preserve customer trust in Salesforce's products across multiple public cloud substrates and our own network infrastructure.
As Engineering Director, Security Threat Detection and Response, you will manage the end-to-end solutions of detecting threats at application layer across all Salesforce customer-facing products, including our Sales Cloud, Commerce Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and many others. You'll be responsible for hiring and retaining the best engineering talent around, growing your team and the people on it, and helping guide the technical direction. Your team may work on many aspects of security, from network infrastructure to cryptography, from UNIX host security to security anomaly detection, and anything in-between.
Prior security knowledge is not strictly required. You will have the unique opportunity to learn from the best industry security experts and integrate that into your software and service engineering. However, experience and deep knowledge are required with Machine Learning technology and developing large scale distributed system in a public cloud environment.
This position is located in the San Francisco, CA Area
* Partners with other peer leaders to develop short- and long-term security, product, and service strategies.
* Drive design and delivery of innovative distributed software services to improve our cloud-based security solutions
* Manage dev-op activities to support large scale cloud services.
* Collaborate with other teams to solve security problems with minimal disruption to other business functions.
* Hire, train and assess the performance of direct reports according to corporate policies and procedures.
* Assist in the growth of employees through coaching, training, and career development activities.
* Manage a mixed-specialty team that includes software engineers, data scientists and security engineers.
* Interact with industry experts, partners, internal staff and auditors
* Work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team
* Occasional travel is required (domestic and international)
* 10+ years of experience in software development, preferably in large scale cloud and distributed services
* 7+ years of experience in Infrastructure or Security Engineering/Operations
* Capable of leading and motivating a team of engineers in a challenging, dynamic and global environment.
* Strong distributed systems and architecture skill
* Experience with big data and pipeline technologies, such as Hadoop, Kafka
* Knowledge or experience with machine learning
* Experience building large scale distributed systems, especially in cloud environments
* Coding experience, in C/C++, Java, Go or Python
* Experience in a fast-paced environment, involving live site support
* Previously managed a minimum of 6 direct reports.
* Minimum 3-5 years related people management experience.
* Bachelor's in Engineering/Computer Science or related industry (or equivalent experience)
* Unix/Linux internal, deployment and maintenance experience
* Prior understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies
* Excellent communication skills
* Security knowledge and experience
* Security certifications and/or equivalent work experience
* Experience with multi-tiered mission-critical systems
* Solid hands-on technical background particularly in managing highly complex, multi-platform environments (servers, storage, networks, security, virtualization, systems monitoring, and management)
* ISO 27001, PCI, SOC, FISMA, FedRAMP knowledge
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce is a cloud computing company that develops CRM solutions and provides business software on a subscription basis.