At Casenet, a Centene company, our mission is to improve the health of individuals and populations by developing technology solutions that promote patient engagement, support provider collaboration, and meet compliance requirements. We believe that when people, systems and data work in harmony, we can make a real, lasting, and positive impact on healthcare.
Our software developers and quality assurance engineers create, test and deliver TruCare, a Best in KLAS® enterprise care management platform that our customers use to provide tailored healthcare to their clients.
You will be joining an experienced team that is developing new features for our TruCare platform with the latest technology. You will lead teams developing new automation test frameworks, mentor managers responsible for QA best practices, and drive process improvements to develop and deliver efficient, scalable, high performing software applications.
We're looking for a leader who can bring fresh ideas to our business. Our team is talented, energetic, and enthusiastic to create new solutions and use new testing approaches.
Ensure TruCare and related software applications and APIs are developed to be scalable, supportable, and high performing to meet and ideally exceed user expectations.
* Manage 4 quality assurance managers and a team of 60 quality assurance engineers
* Responsibility for hiring, training, mentoring, performance management and career development for the QA team.
* Collaborate with peers in Customer Services, Software Development, DevOps, Performance Engineering, Product Management, Program Management, Sales and Technical Support to deliver high quality software releases on-time.
* Work with peers and team members to determine the scope of requested enhancements and communicate quality assurance plans including any changes to testing assumptions, schedules and scope.
* Ensure performance of team members is aligned with established corporate goals.
* Review quality assurance practices with customers when requested, and seek input from customers to improve quality assurance testing practices.
* Manage risks and resolve issues affecting release requirements, schedule and quality.
* Contribute to a continuously improving culture of software engineering excellence including software design and development best practices to ensure high quality, as well as QA best practices including appropriate use of unit, integration and end-to-end tests.
* Drive expansion of QA automation tests within our continuous integration (CI) pipeline.
* Measure and evaluate metrics to improve software quality and engineering productivity.
* Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
* 10 years of experience with quality assurance of an enterprise software application.
* 7 years of experience leading a QA team responsible for quality of enterprise software.
* 3 years of experience managing QA managers.
* Experience leading quality assurance teams including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of engineers.
* A visionary leader with energy and enthusiasm who inspires team members to perform at their best.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand customer requirements and work with team to develop solutions and appropriate testing strategies.
* Strong technical aptitude and knowledge of quality assurance and testing best practices.
* Experience applying agile development methodologies including scrum and/or kanban.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills - use quality assurance experience and business acumen to communicate effectively in the technical language of QA engineers and in the business and healthcare industry language of end users.
* Expected Behaviors include Accountability, Adaptability, Relationship Building, Highly Communicative, Decisiveness, Empowering & Influencing Others.
* Experience with leading software quality assurance for healthcare applications, ideally medical and pharmacy claims and eligibility systems.
* Experience integrating quality assurance tests into continuous integration (CI) pipeline
* Experience building, controlling, documenting and tracking software using Bitbucket, Confluence, Git, Jenkins and JIRA.
* Experience leading QA teams developing automation tests using QA automation tools including Protractor, Locust.io, Ranorex, Selenium, TestNG or JUnit
* Experience leading quality assurance for on premise and SaaS applications
* Experience migrating applications to cloud computing environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
* Knowledge of regulations and industry guidance regarding patient privacy and the impact on healthcare systems, processes and data.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.