Are you looking for an opportunity where you can play a key role helping to guide and foster the transformation of one of the largest industries in the world?
Are you passionate about customers and customer data?
Do you believe that building trust through empathy and openness is essential to success in the evolving digital landscape?
Are you a proactive and passionate leader, able to lead discussion with engineers, managers, executives, and product owners to build consensus?
The Liberty Mutual Global Retail Markets (GRM) US Technology Information Management (IM) team is seeking a passionate data practitioner and leader as Director, Prospect, Customer, and Digital - Business Data Solutions Engineering. This leader has deep experience in leading data engineering teams to build data solutions to enable holistic and effective customer analytics, marketing and campaign management data solutions using MDM, data lake, data warehouse, data science/advanced analytics and cloud technologies. You will be central to the implementation of several GRM strategic initiatives which will centralize and provide a better customer 360-degree experience within reporting, analytics, data science and frontline applications. This role reports to the VP & Senior Director for Information Management within GRM US.
About the role:
* Build a strong partnership with the Product Owners (PO) and leadership for Prospect, Customer, Marketing and Digital Distribution business functional domains.
* Work with internal and external partners to define and implement business and IT vision and roadmap for customer MDM, campaign management, customer analytics, and many other CRM- related data solutions.
* Partner closely with Architecture/Data Strategy and Design teams on data solutions ensuring consistent use of design standards and patterns and on the data transformation initiative to re-design existing data warehouse and lake ecosystems.
* Build and direct a team of scrum masters, engineers, and technologists to work in a fun environment and culture while driving high standards of achievement as "one data team."
* Partner with IM Portfolio leadership to drive team to mature and scale agile, provide consistent metrics and efficient processes.
* Lead your team in building data solutions which span all data platforms -Customer MDM, data lake (relational, NoSQL), data warehouse (Teradata or new technologies) and data tools (Data Visualization, Data Catalog, Data Virtualization and Advanced Analytics/Data Science).
* Build collaborative relationships with IT technology peers in Marketing, Digital and Direct OLTP and frontline systems to ensure solutions align and are factored-into agile planning process.
* Devise talent strategy for the team - identify resource gaps or inefficiencies, build hiring plan, recommend promotions and manage performance for consistency with the needs and vision of the department.
* Define individual performance objectives and development plans and ensure alignment with project and department objectives.
* Initiate and foster business partnerships with current and potential clients, vendors, IT executives, and senior business executives; develops relationships that promote trust and increase efficiency and effectiveness; balances individual client needs with business priorities assuring alignment with the business strategies and objectives.
* Establish financial plan for department and manage to plan; ensures project financial plans are met by managers in department. Jointly establishes financial targets with business partners.
* Develop and maintain a network of industry contacts; performs or directs research on industry trends, competitors, business and IT products; analyzes trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations.
* Bachelor's or master's degree in technical or business discipline or related experience; Master's Degree preferred.
* Ten (10) or more years hands-on customer data analytics, campaign management or CRM data solution design or development using MDM, data lake, data warehouse and/or analytic experience.
* Proactive leadership skills with (5) five or more years people leadership experience.
* Experience or working knowledge of Customer MDM implementations (Informatica, Oracle, SAP or other).
* A "bar-raiser" mentality and are driven to motivate and lead teams to achieve great things
* In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies, IT standards and guidelines.
* Customer passion, business focus and the ability to negotiate, facilitate and build consensus.
* The ability to promote a team environment across a large set of separate agile teams and stakeholders.
* Strong team management, financial / budget management, organizational, communication and presentation skills.
* Strong vendor and offshore staffing experience.
* Experience with Teradata, Informatica, Power BI, Tableau and MicroStrategy.
* Experience with AWS data lake technologies - S3, EMR, Athena, Glacier.
* Experience in Data Science and Advanced Analytic tools (R, Python and/or SAS).
* Working knowledge of metadata management, data modeling, data catalog or related tools (Erwin or ER Studio, Alation).
* Certifications in Agile development methodologies or PMP.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn more