Director of Software Engineering | Digital Technology
Req #: 190018394
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology. You'll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit. In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you'll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are.
The Digital Business Services team is chartered with managing and directing the business services supporting major externally facing application components (web and native mobile apps) focusing on the discipline of functional delivery in the area of customer login, enrollment, product enrollment, and data sourcing across the JPMorgan Chase & Co. enterprise.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Command of architecture, design and business processes
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative
* teams to achieve common goals
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* MS or PhD in Computer Science or closely related degree.
* All aspects of software development lifecycle with a focus on Java development using open source frameworks and industry standard design patterns
* Managing all aspects of running a development team working on multiple projects in multiple locations in an Agile setting
* Leading/Driving platform transformation agenda out of Websphere SOA monolith stack to commodity hardware/software implementations following industry standard cloud/Microservices patterns
* Hiring and building world class software engineering teams
* Tracking delivery of large portfolio of projects
* Improving Agile practices and driving maturity of scrum teams.
* More than 10 years as senior software engineering manager/director building enterprise scale internet/customer facing systems at a Fortune 500 organization.
* Strong understanding of internet scale web architectures
* Strong understanding of Enterprise architecture patterns
* Strong understanding of OOP & SOA principles, design patterns, industry best practices
* Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread safe code
* Strong understanding of J2EE server side technologies: XML, JMS, JAX-WS, CXF
* Strong experience with Spring Framework.
* Hands on experience working with on premise cloud offerings like Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
* Hands on experience working with Kubernetes, Docker or other container platforms
* Experience building REST and SOAP web services using Java
* Experience with TDD, BDD, code testability standards, JUnit/Mockito (or other mocking framework), Cucumber
* Experience with open source frameworks, specifically from Apache, Google, Netflix
* Experience with messaging architectures
* Experience with multiple database platforms (RDBMS, NoSQL)
* Experience with high volume, mission critical applications
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.