Metromile is a start-up that is disrupting the $215 billion car insurance market by offering an entirely new model where the monthly bill is based on miles driven, paired with a smart driving app. Our product marries engineering and data science to deliver mobile technology, automotive telematics, and data-driven applications to make a car's data accessible and useful to modern drivers, including street sweeping alerts, trip stats, decoded check-engine lights, and car location. We aim to make car ownership as simple and affordable as it can be.
You could think of us as the David to the auto insurance industry's Goliath. Buckle up and get ready to drive with Metromile.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the Director of Product Management, Claims
The Director of Product Management, Claims will lead the entire development lifecycle for our industry leading Claims evaluation and automation products including product strategy, requirements development, roadmap management and collaborating with other leaders from the claims, engineering, marketing, sales, and operations departments in order to ensure that the financial and transformation goals are met.
- Own the product strategy for the entire product line including opportunity identification, business metric framework, resource tradeoffs and investment business cases
- Work closely with our Chief Customer Officer to build out a shared view of levers we can use to transform claims in insurance and a product set we can deliver to bring software to bear in a way no other company in traditional insurance can
- Own products from conception to launch, working with our design, engineering and QA teams to deliver transformative products that derive value from our unique strengths as a business
- Oversee feature prioritization for the development teams, and keep the trains running on time within an agile development environment
- Develop a deep understanding of user behavior and product metrics, looking for ways to improve key product metrics and our user experience
- Set and meet daring goals for yourself and the team
- Work directly with our VP of Product to shape the long-term product and business direction
- 7+ years product management experience during which you have managed product managers, multiple products and teams from concept to launch
- 3+ years experience working with internal operations teams to understand their needs and the business domain to chart out a course balancing near term incremental innovation needs against future transformative innovation efforts
- Ability to use data, your experience and product instincts to identify most impactful areas of focus
- Display top notch verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong analytical abilities, and considerable experience with Excel and other analytics tools
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Strong project management skills, and willingness/ability to own key parts of the product, end-to-end
- Experience influencing and collaborating at the executive level
Nice to Have:
- Masters Degree (especially MBA)
- Experience in insurance and claims is ideal but not required
What’s in it for you
- Competitive base salary, plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Transportation and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Social events
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations