Director of Engineering, Web Applications
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Belmont, CA
RingCentral, Inc., a leading provider of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), fosters a dynamic, success-driven, and team-oriented environment committed to delivering simple and delightful products for our customers. We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spark and a passion for redefining how people communicate.
RingCentral is one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world, and is hands down the largest and fastest growing company in pure cloud business communication and collaboration space. We are committed to innovation, and we continuously out-innovate the competition. Our award winning products are recognized leaders by Gartner and other prominent analysts. Communication is at the heart of every business, and our products enable people to do the work they want on the channel of their choice whether it's voice, video, text or chat while eliminating the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications. We are relentlessly focused on user experience.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. We promote a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
The Director of Engineering, Web Applications is a key member of the applications/services/platform engineering team. This position is responsible for the successful delivery of large enterprise features. You will live at the intersection of Product, UX, and Technology. As an ideal candidate, you've managed development teams building modern web applications using leading edge technologies. You've led cross functional teams working on a portfolio of applications and supporting services. You've worked in a modern, micro-service based architecture with a focus on product delivery and extraordinary user experience. You should also have experience with technology transformation, application modernization and large scale deployments. You should have current knowledge and experience with web application security, privacy and safety. The engineering organization is highly distributed so you will need strong communication and collaboration skills to build working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
* You will be responsible for all aspects of feature delivery including development/maintenance, testing, and release.
* You will coordinate technical design across multiple service, application, integration and endpoint teams.
* You will participate in feature roadmap planning; reviewing feature requests providing high-level estimates for planning and budgeting.
* You will orchestrate the deployment of features and their dependencies utilizing our release planning and deployment tools.
* You will manage multiple technical teams across multiple remote locations.
* As an engineering leader, you will drive, collaborate and support engineering best practices - design, coding, testing and release.
* You will participate in annual engineering technology roadmapping, technology evaluations, tech debt review, HA reviews and deployment/operations capacity.
* You will use your technical expertise in web development to provide guidance and mentorship to your team.
* You will provide resource planning, hiring, training and skills development for your teams.
* You will coordinate and cooperate with security, performance and Devops directives.
* You will share stewardship of our customer service configuration and reporting portal as well as our agent service portal with Product, Security, Engineering and Operations.
* You will seek ways to unlock productivity and efficiencies gains in development flow and velocity through continual improvements.
* 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering and System Design
* 5+ years engineering management experience in high-growth engineering organizations
* Experience designing and developing highly scalable consumer facing web applications
* You have a track record for delivery in high-growth, fast-paced environment.
* Experience with large scale cloud hosted web applications.
* Experience with high load transactional systems
* Experience managing large remote teams.
* Experience with Scrum and agile development processes and methodologies
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.
RingCentral is a provider of cloud computing based phone systems to help small businesses manage mobile, fax and email communications.