TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
We are looking for a senior and enthusiastic embedded software engineer to join and build a team from scratch. As the Director of Embedded Software, you will be taking the lead to define, architect and implement an embedded software system for our autonomous driving trucks.
* Work on embedded software stack, including drivers, middle-ware, libraries and applications.
* Integrate embedded system into our autonomous driving system.
* Build up embedded system oriented software development process, including development environment, continuous integration, testing and deployment.
* Develop complex, scalable, distributed and latency-optimized software.
* Provide technical guidance in the architecture and design of embedded systems.
* Scale up and manage an engineering team with responsibilities including recruiting, coaching, performance appraisal and goal setting.
* 10+ years of experience writing production-quality software in C++ or Python in autonomous driving or automotive industry
* Exceptional experience in software development for embedded systems
* Track record of experience in real-time operating systems or multi-threaded software development
* Knowledge of computer architecture, CPU and GPU execution performance, and/or GPU computing architecture and programming model, etc.
* Strong leadership skills
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Ability to influence, engage and partner closely with various stakeholders across all levels of the business
* Adaptable, flexible with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Collaborative and willing to get your hands dirty
* Experience in the following areas would be strongly preferred:
* Micro-controllers and/or embedded application processors, ARM and DSP, etc.
* Complex and safety-critical systems
* Communication protocols used in embedded and automotive industries.
* Competitive salary and benefits
* Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
* Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
* Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
* Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
* Company 401(K) program
* Company paid life insurance
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.