Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday's Business Technology team exists to create intuitive technology experiences that empower the Workday community to innovate and win. Our Workday platform is built for the future and proven in the cloud. This translates into the way we approach our internal technology solutions - with a 'cloud first' mindset, driving business value, enabling growth and scale, with agility and flexibility in mind.
About the Role
Workday, globally recognized as a best place to work for top talent, is seeking a Director Of Architecture, in the Information Technology, space. You will be a key leader driving our rapid growth by designing and implementing the best in class, company-wide technology solutions for our Enterprise in a constantly changing landscape of technologies (Cloud, Network and Collaboration). Using next-generation compute,network and communications platforms, you will create both a seamless employee experience and further accelerate Workday's internal and external growth efforts. As an executive, you will chart the future vision for the team and provide global leadership, owning the creation of the Infrastructure strategy and roadmap for our business at a global scale.
You will be responsible for analyzing technology trends, assessing the impact of emerging technologies/platforms on the environment, and leveraging data to drive world-class strategies and solutions. Other key deliverables will be based on service strategy, design, transition, operation, and continuous improvement of the end user compute and collaboration platforms.
You will be responsible for global service operations. As a leader, you will develop a team and culture focused on setting (and meeting) high expectations, responsive service level agreements, and achieving metrics that deliver best-in-class client and collaboration services on a consistent basis.
* Design IT architecture function and build out, develop an understanding of overall Enterprise business, and map overall Business/IT strategy into technology roadmaps
* Ensure a scalable and extensible technology platform for IT that can be utilized across various business functions
* Lay the groundwork for defining improved technology practices and standards within IT and contribute to them.
* Lead and mentor cross-domain architects to develop common design solutions, technology standards, technical governance, and improve standard methodologies
* Design and implement enterprise solutions and process required for cloud first approach
* Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
* Conducts feasibility studies, technical design and analysis, including ROI, and retirement of existing systems in support of new solutions.
* Develops specifications for interfaces from existing to new systems. Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
* Perform analysis of best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, Identity Management and Security
* Lead the team for Mergers and Acquisition solutions and Integrations
* Be the Enterprise Architecture liaison with the Product teams at Workday
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* The successful candidate will have experience in working in innovative projects with fast-paced delivery schedules in startups & large enterprises
* 15+ years of Architecture experience with medium to large-scale production environments
* Proficient understanding of Client Engineering and collaboration technologies.
* Experience in multiple of cloud technologies like AWS, GCP, or Azure and running successful programs to transform solutions to Cloud technologies( such as SaaS)
* Ability to develop business solutions and forecasting requirements
* Proficiency with Identity Management solutions
* Experience with SaaS technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
* Have a thorough understanding of 'cloud' technologies, market trends and ecosystem
* Experience in designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions including network, IAM, IDM and security
* Experience with container stacks and orchestration
* Expert in the configuration and maintenance of common applications such as LDAP, NFS, DHCP, DNS, SSO and other Network technologies.
* Expert level experience with at least one of the configuration management tools(eg Chef/puppet/etc)
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.