Director, Application and Software Development
As the Director, Application and Software Development, you will provide leadership, strategic planning, financial governance, and operational management for IT/Data Engineering and Software Development projects which will lead to the growth, management and optimization of the software delivery process.
We need someone who will:
* Directs, develops, and implements strategies to realize a consistent, predictable, high quality, and efficient methodology for Application and Software Development.
* Define, manage, & report on department budget and run rates
* Works with cross functional leaders to ensure results achieve corporate objectives, timelines, budgetary, and quality measures.
* Works to build, review, and update standards and guidelines in support of constant process and procedural improvements.
* Provide leadership across a variety of activities; ranging from architectural improvements, large / cross functional enhancements, tactical projects, operational stability, and ongoing technical support for the enterprise.
* You'll function as an escalation point, mentor, and/or training resource for development staff
* Responsible for directly managing development leadership staff that lead multiple, geographically dispersed, project teams.
* Responsibilities include handling prioritization and staffing considerations for projects across development organization
* Participate and provide guidance on application design, documentation, training and deployment efforts.
* Provides recommendations on selection of processes, tools, & technology platforms for development organization.
* Communicate with multiple roles & levels of the organization on status, issues, and budget of work planned and completed.
* Participates in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.
Our ideal candidate will have the following: Education:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent certification or experience.
* 8 years of experience leading highly technical teams, 10 years management experience preferred. (management of Architecture, Development, Analyst, or System/Network Admins preferred)
* Demonstrable experience building and managing teams which deliver highly available, large scale transactional data environments, system architectures, and technologies.
* Minimum 6 years' experience with unit testing and test driven development.
* Cable billing system knowledge preferred.
* Keen attention to detail and complex problem-solving abilities from a procedural, operational, technical, and financial perspective.
* Thorough knowledge of project management and software development lifecycles/methodologies.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* Broad systems development and management experience.
* Demonstrated ability to lead teams by providing mentorship, guidance, encouragement, and overall support.
* Ability to engage with technical and non-technical business owners to achieve company objectives in a timely manner.
WOW is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer
WideOpenWest (WOW!) is one of the nation’s broadband providers, serving residential, business and wholesale customers.