Come, be part of our Tapestry.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry is a global house of brands that embraces the exploration of individuality. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing, beautiful, and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
Retail as an industry is changing. With an increasing amount of shopping done online, traditional retailers must innovate to stay relevant. The Data Labs Team (https://datalabs.tapestry.com)at Tapestry is tackling these challenges by leveraging our deep data assets to provide a best in class, worldwide capability to drive actionable customer understanding across all of our brands: Coach, Kate Spade and Stuart Weitzman. We are looking for individuals with a passion for discovery, innovation, and the power of advanced analytics to drive financial results and improve customer experiences. We work collaboratively with business partners across the organization to define the questions to ask, pursue the best opportunities, share insights, and develop practical business recommendations.
The optimal candidate will have the opportunity to work on innovative projects with the goal of enabling Tapestry to execute on the bleeding edge in the applications of machine learning and artificial intelligence within the fashion retail industry. The candidate will leverage both internal and external data along with a suite of machine learning algorithms to develop and deploy pipelines that allow both the data and the models to provide actionable insights that produce value across the organization.
We are looking for a proven leader with experience in managing teams, guiding and implementing in production application of data science and machine learning methods with an eye and passion for software engineering, and the ability to connect analytics to business impact. The ideal person will lead and potentially grow the existing team to amplify impact through the combination of analytical and tooling innovation, scaled execution, science leadership, data partnership, and high pace of execution.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Engineering and Advanced Analytics to…
* Investigate areas of the business that could benefit from machine learning solutions, engaging with technology and operational leaders to understand the problems they are looking to solve, as well as educating them on what is an achievable outcome.
* Acting as the ML Engineering Lead, manage a team of highly skilled machine learning technologists and manage the production, delivery, and integration of the solution within the business.
* Implement in production machine learning systems using Python, R, and AWS.
* Solutions will include but will not be limited to: inventory allocation, supply chain optimization, pricing models, targeting models, customer segmentation, customer loyalty and retention, competitive benchmarking, recommendation systems, computer vision applications.
* Solution and develop architecture for model evaluation and model serving infrastructure.
* Work with a team of world class data scientists, business analysts, statisticians, and creative technologists.
* Ask not, "What is the best algorithm?", but instead, "What is the best system?" to solve a problem.
* Work closely with senior leadership across different business units (Strategy, Marketing, e-Commerce, Retail, Outlet, Pricing, Supply Chain among others) to identify business needs and challenges that can be addressed through data-driven advanced analytics.
The accomplished individual will possess…
* Master's degree in a quantitative field or the work experience equivalent
* 5+ years of software or data engineering experience
* 2+ years of experience or exposure to applications of machine learning
* Strong background of creating data processing and model deployment pipelines (Apache Airflow, Apache Beam, PySpark, Amazon Pipeline)
* Advanced knowledge of Linux (bash), Python, and SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
* Experience building and maintaining model monitoring frameworks.
* Experience leveraging Amazon Web Services to build software microservices.
* Knowledge of software development principles including but not limited to, software development lifecycle, agile methodologies, code reviews
* Knowledge of data management and storage principles
* Working understanding of core ML/Statistics principles.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The accomplished individual will also be…
* An achiever that maintains a high standard but understands that perfection is the enemy of progress
* An innovator who can execute as an individual and is proactive in solving problems
* An autodidact, with a passion for both the acquisition and application of knowledge
* A catalyst who can deliver from ideas and inspires others towards that shared vision
* A collaborator who recognizes the value of and can action on not only managing junior resources but of managing up to influence executives while collaborating laterally
* A believer in the spirit of entrepreneurship that understands the power of perseverance
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. *LI-JW1 Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/
Req ID: 53097
Job Segment: Supply, Learning, Fashion Retail, Supply Chain, Operations, Human Resources, Retail, Fashion