Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse - KPMG's Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics - has both applied data science, AI, and big data architecture capabilities. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals to explore the solutions for clients in a platform-diverse environment. This means your ability to find answers is limited only by your creativity in leveraging a vast array of techniques and tools. Be a part of a high-energy, diverse, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. For you, that translates into the chance to work on a wide range of projects - covering technologies and solutions from AI to optimization - and the power to have a real impact in the business world. So, bring your creativity and pioneering spirit to KPMG Lighthouse.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director to join our KPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
* Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, in diverse domains (product development, marketing research, supply chain, technology industrial process and public policy)
* Lead in a fast-paced and dynamic environment utilizing virtual and face-to-face interactions; manage complex work streams, expectations, budgets, deliverables and multiple responsibilities using structured approaches for operational excellence; Communicate results to executive level audiences; Work with clients to manage risks, set expectations and ensure successful delivery across areas such as technology, financial services, emerging tech, government agencies - federal, state and local, and utilities
* Work internally within KPMGs other areas (Tax, Audit, and Advisory) to advance the client understanding of Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Analytics; And with emerging technologies group within AI service providers (AWS, GCP and Azure) to provide a first-in-market solution approaches to complex business problems
* Deliver on engagement milestones by following analytics processes to mitigate risks in data, modeling, validation and delivery
* Work with clients to discover data sources and retrieve, prepare, and process a rich data variety of data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial and operational data
* Minimum of ten years of experience leading teams of at least ten data scientists, engineers, and other data & analytics professionals, including business development, requirements gathering, people development, and quality management using analytics and software development processes for natural language processing, machine learning on unstructured data, and/or information retrieval; Multidisciplinary backgrounds; Professional fluency in Spanish or Portuguese languages
* Masters degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields; PhD from an accredited college/university is preferred; Professional experience in Central / South America preferred
* Ability to work with the business to understand business goals, and create an artificial intelligence solution and an accompanying business case that meets the business objectives and business constraints; Ability to succinctly communicate technical concepts to business people
* Demonstrable industry experience performing data science from data discovery, cleaning, model selection, validation and deployment; Experience coding artificial intelligence methods using object-oriented programming in a software development process, and ability to restructure, refactor and optimize code for efficiency
* Ability to utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as R, Python, Spark, Hadoop and emerging Cloud Capabilities on Azure, GCP and/or AWS; experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms; Ability to work in a Linux environment
* Ability to travel up to eighty percent of the time; Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.