Western Union is changing. Yes, we're the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we're on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today's global consumers and businesses. So if you're looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Director, Integration and Application Architect, based at Western Union's Digital headquarters in San Francisco, California. This role works across the IT organization and with business partners to define and build out complex solutions and drive value through business process simplification, automation and new product capabilities. You will play a critical role in designing and developing scalable, message based, event driven micro-service-oriented systems that are the engine behind Western Union. Our Digital platform is getting redesign and reinvest based on cloud and microservices technologies in support of our global reach and new products, including integrations and solutions with blockchain.
The Integration and Application Architect will work on innovative, actionable, and efficient technology solutions to drive global Payments, Risk and Fraud detection and prevention, Big Data, Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) products.
Here are some specifics:
* This role leads the architecture of digital back end systems inclusive of Payments (funds in and founds out), Risk and Fraud (Risk rule base decisioning and predictive modeling), Big Data (Digital Data for analytics, ML and AI)
* Lead the architecture, design and documentation of new and enhanced services
* Drive the strategy and support implementation of Cloud solutions, microservices and blockchain technologies.
* Lead technical roadmap for products and technical components
* Mentor and coach junior architects and engineers; Assist support teams in solving complex customer and platform issues
* Drive and own the Digital Back End Architecture inclusive of target and future architecture, identify gaps and define component roadmap aligned to business and technology objectives
* Recommend and institute best practices, frameworks, design patterns, tools and reference architectures
* Conduct product/tools evaluation and provide enterprise appropriate recommendations
* Creates detailed engineering functional solution documentation and partner 'how to' documentation
* Responsible for aligning services delivered from the capability owners
* Assumes ownership of action plans and remediation related to enterprise architecture
* Oversees interdependencies between interfacing technologies and their support teams
* Influences and drives engineering strategy. Participates with internal & external organizations to drive continuous improvement
* Oversees highly complex, cross functional projects independently at a cross portfolio level in multiple domains.
* Ensures that infrastructure for projects is architected and delivered according to plan, design, and deployed successfully, including on premise and cloud.
* Provide day-to-day technical leadership, guidance and mentoring to our back end engineering and support teams
* Set strategy of innovative and efficient technology solutions.
* Drive the designing and developing of robust and scalable solutions.
What you will need to succeed:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* Have 15+ years of software development experience and architecture, 10+ years leading technology transformation
* Have strong communication skills, both oral and written
* Have strong presentation skills for presenting technology solutions to internal stakeholders and external partners
* Have strong enterprise and software architecture skills encompassing data, application and technology - including security
* Have strong experience in enterprise application integration including SOA, BPM, APIs, Web Services (SOAP/RESTful), Micro Services, Containerization
* Have experience with using XML, XSD, JSON and other data payload formats
* Have experience in data architecture and design across ETL, DWH and Analytics; Big Data, Hadoop, SQL and NOSQL databases
* Have strong experience in Cloud (AWS/Azure/Google or Hybrid) based architecture designs and implementations
* Have experience in DevOps stack (CI & CD) and other dependency management and build tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Ant and Ivy
* Have experience with Agile software development practices and tools
What it's like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO's in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We'd love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.
About Western Union
The Western Union Company is an American financial service and communications company.