We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Hosting Services Customer Relationship Management team is looking for a Director II, Data Science candidate. This candidate will use agile methods and coach a dedicated team to deliver key capabilities and technology in direct alignment with the business strategies.
This candidate will collaborate with an aligned product owner, shared IT stakeholders, and business partners to develop predictive analytic solutions and/or tools that enable data-driven strategic decision-making. Utilizes current and emerging data science techniques to manipulate large structured and unstructured data sets, identify patterns in raw data, and develop models to predict the likelihood of a future outcome and/or to optimize business solutions. This level reflects broad knowledge of predictive analytics techniques, and intermediate application of applying those techniques to business issues. Specific outcomes will center around product owner capabilities and autonomous features; seeking predictive product models and environmental attributes affecting employee utilization for a given portfolio or persona journey.
About the job:
* Identifies new strategic opportunities for use of theoretical methods and tools. Applies forward-looking thinking to inform methodological advancement. Drives innovation in the application and development of tools and practices.
* Mines large data sets using sophisticated analytical techniques to generate insights and inform business decisions.
* Works with business leads to understand operations allowing for customization of data models and potential for data driven products and feature offerings
* Identifies and tests hypotheses, ensuring statistical significance, and builds predictive models for business application and adoption.
* Translates quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for non-technical audiences, providing a clear view into interpreting the data or even productizing datasets.
* Enables the business to make clear trade-offs between and among choices, with a reasonable view into likely outcomes.
* Responsible for larger components of highly complex projects. Guides aspects of project design as a technical consultant and coach for the team.
* Customizes analytic solutions to specific client needs.
* Regularly engages with the data science community and leads cross-functional working groups with mixed skills and perspectives.
* Bachelor's degree (scientific field of study) and 7 years of relevant experience.
* Minimum 3 years of leadership experience.
* Broad knowledge of predictive analytic techniques and statistical diagnostics of models. Expert knowledge of predictive toolset; reflects as expert resource for tool development.
* Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely.
* Ability to establish and build relationships within and outside the organization. Ability to give effective training and presentations to management and other groups. Broad knowledge of business drivers and market context.
* Has a value-driven perspective with regard to understanding of work context and impact
* Understanding of insurance practices and internal processes; familiarity with hosting and or IT organizations, products, services.
* Knowledge of agile product development, applicable to data driven solutions
We take care of our employees…
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
* Workplace Flexibility
* Wellness Perks
* Collaborative workspaces
* Sit/stand desks
* Career development, programs and classes
* Diversity & Inclusion programs
* Commuter Benefits
* Adoption Assistance
* College Savings Plan
* Education reimbursement
* Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a '2016 Great Place to Work' by Great Place to Work US.