The Director of Digital Products and Data Science is a newly-created global position that aims to broaden and elevate the use of data to drive accelerated outcomes for AWP internally and externally.
As industrial companies move from just using data to collect information for reporting to using data, machine learning, modeling and analytics to drive improved customer outcomes and experiences and identify internal opportunities, the role of data science has graduated from a nice-to-have to a critical part of the organization.
While this role is based in the information technology organization, it should be considered a cross-functional business role where outcomes and customers come first and technology and systems enable and accelerate.
Duties and responsibilities
Build data science charter and scope for AWP segment, including.
* Establishing business and information technology goals for segment in area of business intelligence and data science * Identify priorities for outcomes in commercial analytics, IoT/telematics, and manufacturing through the strategic planning timing horizon * Collaborate across Terex IT, segment functions, and other segment IT leaders to establish a company-wide, sustainable approach to scoping, resources, and execution of initiatives
Architect a sustainable, long-term resource plan including:
* Establishing balance of principle, senior, entry-level, and early talent * Creating a career progression and job segmentation * Determine roles and level of outsourcing required to fill short-term gaps and positions that are not appropriate to staff with full-time employees * Evaluating which locations and roles require co-location with stakeholders and which are geographically-agnostic * Evaluating the feasibility of establishing talent centers in technology-centric markets in the US and around the world * Establishing how data science and traditional business intelligence co-exist including technologies used, segment resources are aligned, and how to best work with Terex shared service teams * Evaluate data science-as-a-service and data-as-a-service organization models for ability to accelerate outcomes while also building scale * Staff the team
Drive data-conscious culture, including
* Establishing a curriculum for leaders and executives to continuously-elevate understanding of outcomes enhanced through better application of analytics both internally and externally * Creating an environment that cultivates talent from any part of the organization that has the interest and/or experience where access to improved analytics skills can enhance their current roles as well as build pipeline for future data scientists * Identify the role, if any, for emerging technologies including but not limited to robotic process automation, rules engines, business process management workflow tools, machine learning, artificial intelligence
Improve customer experience through improved transparency
* Work with Customer Journey team to connect disparate processes and data sources for better visibility for machines and parts fulfillment * Establish strategy for where and how customers see information and status including the Telematics portal, the AWP commerce site, and any other touch points.
Amplify IoT/telematics outcomes for our customers and internal stakeholders.
* Collaborate with Genie's customers to establish relationships, processes, and a technology footprint that mutually-benefits our customers and internal stakeholders * Build connections with Telematics partner and establish internal data repository * Establish API approach for customers with their own visualization tools * Work with Terex Telematics council on global data architecture and visualization tools and processes * Facilitate integrations with Oracle eBusiness Suite, Kingdee (China), and other systems to provide seamless customer onboarding and lifecycle management * Architect lifecycle required to take observations to rules-based actions including where rules can run (e.g. cloud, desktop, Telematics partner, at machine edge)
Activate Smart Manufacturing for new levels of digital and data-driven performance that impact safety, quality, cycle, takt time, and the ability to confidently get to root causes when issues in the field are identified
* Co-lead defining connection of business outcomes with the flow of data within the manufacturing value streams * Drive resource requirements (internal and outsourced) and technical architecture needed to activate outcomes * Work with Terex manufacturing technology teams to share best practices and drive harmonized system's roadmap * Participate in information flow improvement events and work with balance of IT team to achieve better, faster flows while enhancing and simplifying the team member experience
Enhance growth of newly-formed Parts and Services business.
* Actively-participating in the Parts & Services-driven technology selection (Blueprint) for data visualization to be leveraged across Terex by focusing on outcomes first and technology to enable second * Establish how data flows between organizations to enhance opportunity identification and conversion, including the connection with the Telematics data sources
Build data science lab to enable broad user base to test hypotheses and experiment safely without impact to production reporting environments
* Industralize Commercial Analytics team data repository * Establish entry and onboarding process and controls to bring new data sources into environment that are business-owned. * Establish data model and metadata practices that allow non-SQL-experts to interrogate and analyze data
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
* Accountable for establishing data science charter, mobilizing commitment, and resourcing * Execution of Telematics data collection, storage, visualization, and propagation * Accountable for AWP staffing and technology across IT and functional areas
* Bachelor's Degree * At least 7 years experience in a large, complex, industrial B2B or technology company
* Degree in Information Technology or Engineering * MBA * Working knowledge and previous use of strategic planning tools and execution, especially in the areas of large scale change and business process re-engineering * Hands-on experience in using technologies such as R, python, Tableau, SAS for visualization, modeling, and influencing business decisions. * Demonstration of ability to tie business and market dynamics to data and technology strategy * Demonstration of ability to translate domain problems into technical * Ability to communicate to a wide variety of team members from senior executives to developers and all roles in between * Ability to effectively create a vision and functional strategy based on company strategy and goals * Excellent skills in influencing, negotiating, and listening * Proven ability to drive results. * Strong understanding of order management processes and its implications on the manufacturing process * Ability to build a business case base on tangible financial results and intangible operational benefits * Demonstrated leadership ability; ability to pull teams together; ability to develop & train people. * Working knowledge of capabilities of various ERPs, CRMs * Advanced user of various MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) * Strong time management and organizational skills
* Goal and target oriented; results are expected * Work is done predominantly in an office environment * Must be willing and able to spend time in factories as required * Frequent interactions with the Senior (AWP) and Executive (Terex) Leadership Teams
* Estimated 20% travel, both domestic and international
* Full time; minimum of 40 hours per week * Occasional "off hours" work is expected;
Occasionally required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
This position is a new role where building the right team and mobilizing both internal and external resources will be one of the first objectives.
Location: US-WA Redmond-B33 (HUB) HR
Department: Information Technology
Job ID: 3902
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It's an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
About Terex Corporation
Terex is a manufacturer of lifting and material handling equipment.