GSN Games is looking for a Director of Data Engineering to be part of our team in San Francisco.
About the Data Team
The GSN Data team provides the data, analytics, and algorithms necessary to make GSN Games a fun and rich experience for players. We are building a next generation data platform and analytics suite to support the billions of records a day coming from our portfolio of gaming apps, databases, supporting web services, third party APIs, and everything in between. Our team supports key data platform, analytics and Machine Learning initiatives across the company.
What You'll Do:
* Provide technical leadership to the GSN Data Engineering team (based in San Francisco) on key data initiatives for the company. This includes all aspects of data delivery, from ingestion, pipelining, data infrastructure, ETL and Machine Learning support
* Participate in design, implementation and deploying of full pipelines utilizing modern cloud data technologies (AWS Kinesis/Lambdas, Google Dataflow etc.)
* Participate in strategic data initiatives across all studios
* Coordinate production and 24x7 support for all data products, with the support of a highly talented, international team of Data Scientists, Engineers and Analysts
* 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering, including several years in data
* Experience with managing Engineering teams of 5+ personnel, including mentoring, roadmapping, strategic planning and execution
* Experience with relational databases, NoSQL databases and end-to-end data pipeline architectures from ingestion through infrastructure, ETL and reporting/analytics layers
* RESTful service design and implementation
* Strong experience with SQL, key DB Admin/ETL concepts
* Strong familiarity (developing/supporting production level code) with at least two general purpose programming languages such as Python, Java, Scala, or C++
* Commitment to high quality software through automated tests and continuous integration
* Experience working in agile environment
* BS/MS in Computer Science or similar
* Experience with Vertica a plus
* Experience with Google platform/tools such as BigQuery, Cloud Dataflow & Pub/Sub
* Experience in the gaming industry a plus
GSN is a multimedia entertainment company offering original and classic game programming via its TV network and online games sites.