Responsible for design, development and rollout Big Data and Business Intelligence solutions at Warner Music. This position estimates, designs, and ensures through direct project leadership timely, reliable, high quality data architecture solutions and system integrations.
* Design, implement and support data and business intelligence architectures. * Lead projects involving data warehouse engineers, ETL and big data engineers as well as data integrity personnel in various locations. * Provide data architecture support and expertise to all major enterprise projects, including but not limited to the BDA/RedShift team. * Participate in the formulation of the company's enterprise architecture and business system plans; assessing cost and feasibility, and ensuring the plan is aligned with and supports the strategic goals of the business. * Ensure enterprise data is: * Structured for ease of use * Properly classified according to use, sensitivity, and importance * Audited security precautions to ensure adequate protection is in place * Consistent with the source systems
* Establish and maintain data modeling standards and best practices. * Identify opportunities for data alignment and re-use. * Implement principles, policies, standards, and guidelines for data management. * Report status, monitor issues/problems and recommend solutions for problems to all interested parties. * Define and enact incremental process improvements to support growing needs for specific technology areas as directed. * Work with other technology stakeholders to clarify vision and make actionable, technology focused plans that fulfill specific business needs. * Assist with architecture, tools and component selection for company-wide efforts.
Skills / experience
* Expertise with high volume data processing using RedShift, Hive, SQS and other relevant cloud technologies in a big data environment. * Experience with popular data management systems such as Pentaho, Spark, QuBole, Presto, SAP DS ETL, Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, and other relevant technologies a plus * Hands on experience with several major programming languages - e.g. Java, Python
* Able to identify, respond, resolve and communicate various types of technical risks and issues to management, peers and other stakeholders. * Experience managing a diverse set of technology professionals. * Development of engineering and technology management capabilities of the organization; developing of existing staff as well as recruitment.
* Ability to engage and influence key stakeholders. * Communicate effectively and build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
About Warner Music Group
Warner Music Group is a music entertainment company.