As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Client Support team is part of Corporate Client Systems (CCS) and is responsible for managing system requirements, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of multiple applications related to process automation. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver industry leading packaged software and customer developed solutions.
* Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent
* 12-15 years of project delivery experience in application development (e.g., software development/engineering delivery, development and implementation, delivery and design) with a focus on Automation and Digital Transformation.
* 3+ years of experience with one of these technologies: IBM Watson AI/NLP, OpenSpan, Appian
* 3+ years of development experience in Java / J2EE or .Net technologies
* 5+ years of leadership experience
* Experience in building and deploying conversational interfaces, Chatbots etc is nice to have
* Experience with Software design patterns, Performance tuning, Automated unit testing
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master Degree preferred
* Strong conceptual and analytic skills. Ability to design and build complex algorithms.
* Experience in evaluating business requirements and turning them into technical designs.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with a broad group of stakeholders.
* Able to lead the team by example. Able to manage and resolve conflicts and drive positivity among the team
* Obsessed with Customer Experience - The ideal candidate will increase the productivity of the Client Support organization by solving for deficiencies in our services.
* Curious and creative - The ideal candidate is inquisitive and comes up with technology/process options to limitations/constraints.
* Action and Results oriented - The ideal candidate will get stuff done. They operate with passion, a strong sense of urgency and with purpose.
* Coach and Mentor - The ideal candidate will continually raise the bar of our workforce.
* Lead, manage and drive IT projects from the front by collaborating closely with our Business stakeholders across multiple time zones, primarily on IBM Watson, Appian BPM and OpenSpan RPA technologies.
* In partnership with various IT and business constituents, define, design and implement the right long term architecture (LTA) for our portfolio.
* Enforce the right engineering and operational excellence principles - Promote DevOps, Agile delivery; reduce technical debt while improving the speed and quality of delivery.
* Deliver multiple projects and initiatives with different/competing timelines and demands.
* Be fiscally responsible while managing costs, and variances to budget.
* Effectively manage, coach and mentor the IT team.
* Collaborate with and manage product vendors and systems integrators to deliver solutions.
* Support agile ceremonies as needed: sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
* Design and develop enhancements or new services preferably microservices that are:
* Scalable, resilient, secured and decoupled;
* Able to detect and alert when functional or non-functional production errors occur;
* Able to gather and persist behavioral and performance metrics; and
* Deliver optimal customer experience.
* Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of unit, systems, integration and regression testing, and support the development of automated test scripts to be used to automate regression testing.
* Identify and utilize best practices in the industry to maximize efficient and elegant solutions while minimizing cost.
* Deploy tested enhancements or new services to certification and production environments with rollback strategies defined.
* Provide level 2 and 3 support to resolve incidents according to committed service level agreement.
* Provide strong communication to keep project team and stakeholders up to date.
* Actively collaborate within Client Systems team, as well as with all other IT teams and business users located worldwide in various time-zones to fulfill the above responsibilities.
* This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
* This position requires the incumbent to travel for work <5% of the time.
* Incumbent is expected to work during Visa's core business hours and may need to be available outside of work hours as business dictates.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.