Please make sure to read the job posting in its entirety as it reflects both the University roles and responsibilities, followed by the specific description.
Department60673 Alumni & Constituent Relations
About the UnitThe University of Chicago Campaign: Inquiry and Impact (http://campaign.uchicago.edu), the most ambitious and comprehensive campaign in the University's history, is raising $5 billion to support faculty and researchers, practitioners and patients, and students and programs across the University. The campaign supports priorities in every division, school, department, and institute. Along with its fundraising goal, the campaign has an equally ambitious goal of engaging 125,000 alumni and friends through intellectual, professional, and social activities on campus, around the world, and online. Analytics and Technology Solutions (ATS) drives data and technology strategy for Alumni Relations and Development (ARD). ATS provides systems, tools, analytics, and reporting that support ARD's engagement, participation, and fundraising goals. In partnership with University stakeholders, we seek to understand business needs and deliver transformative technology solutions.
Job FamilyInformation Technology
Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing applications, systems architecture, and network infrastructure. Ensures operation and security of all servers and networks. Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades applications and hardware for the organization's infrastructure and for end-user devices.
Career Track and Job LevelBusiness Intelligence & Analytics
Develops and implements cohesive strategy for analytics and supports the use of analytic platforms and administrative data across the University. Prepares administrative data for joint analyses across multiple domains. Partners with functional stewards, business units, and user partners to deliver reporting and analytic solutions with appropriate data governance and secure access.
M2: Manages professional employees and/or supervisors. Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from manager. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.
Role ImpactPeople Manager
ResponsibilitiesThe job manages professional staff responsible for developing analytic programs and supporting the use of analytic platforms and administrative data across the University. Reviews administrative data for joint analyses across multiple domains. Partners with functional stewards, business units, and user partners to develop reporting and analytic solutions with appropriate data governance and secure access.
1) Manages professional staff. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources and assesses policies for direct subordinates., 2) Recommends departmental plans to maintain administrative data. Ensures that the data is accessible, easy-to-use, flexible, and suitable for various analytical purposes, including joint analyses across multiple domains and interactions across multiple systems., 3) Plans additional data warehouse and reporting environments as needed. Manages relationships with the University's primary software suppliers for end-user data access, query, reporting, and display., 4) Performs other related work as needed.
1) Guide the implementation of a Next Generation Analytics and Reporting Strategy.
2) Provide feedback and guidance on marketing strategy, email marketing tools, and analytics to guide new directions in alumni engagement and giving.
3) Provide direction and feedback regarding methods, tools and communications, including GIS, Tableau, ROI analyses, and general statistical analysis
4) Oversee the Reporting and Business Intelligence Strategy by working with ABI managers, analysts and ARD partners to implement a high-quality reporting framework that emphasizes impactful self-service dashboards and specialized reporting, a well-organized and searchable environment, appropriately trained power-BI staff, and reporting solutions that well-use our reporting technologies and environments.
5) Responsible for the retrieval, processing, analysis, and reporting of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving team.
6) Work closely with a diverse group of campus and ARD partners, including Campus IT, ARD Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving, Prospect Development and Decision Support to develop the data, analyses, and reporting that define and enrich the quality of our constituent pools to predict growth in constituency giving, increase alumni participation, and deepen alumni engagement.
7) Participate in annual and long-range planning and goal development.
8) Manage budget and resources for Analytics and Business Intelligence.
9) Seek opportunities for professional development that will enhance job performance, including building networks within the University and with colleagues at peer institutions.
1) Communicate Effectively & With Influence
2) Exhibit Resilience & Optimize Resources
3) Strong Project Management Skills
4) Display Emotional Intelligence
5) Demonstrate University Stewardship & Serve as a Brand Ambassador
6) Foster Partnership & Collaboration
7) Demonstrated skill and knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, the internal workings of the University as well as the technology tools available to the Office of Alumni Relations and Development, including Griffin (the University's Donor Relationship Management System), Microsoft Windows computer environment, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
8) Familiarity with marketing automation and analytics.
9) Willingness and ability to travel to campus and/or non-campus locations for University business.
10) Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends.
1) Standard office environment
1) Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative.
2) Ability to prioritize multiple projects and independently follow through with detail.
Education, Experience, and CertificationsMinimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 7+ years of work experience in a related job discipline.
1) Coursework in the social sciences, statistics, mathematics, computer science, financial analysis or related discipline.
2) Advanced degree (Master's, PhD, MBA)
1) Professional work experience in research, data analysis or similar field.
2) Experience leading a project team or managing staff.
3) Experience developing and monitoring budgets.
4) Experience with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems, Tableau, statistical and reporting software.
2) Cover Letter (optional)
(NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.)
Pay GradeDepends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours37.5
Drug Test RequiredNo
Health Screen RequiredNo
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry RequiredNo
Remove from Posting On or Before2020-01-03-08:00
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.