Partners Data Systems
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
Experience and Education
Bachelors Degree in business, healthcare, computer science or related field and (8+) years of progressively responsible experience in information technology, development or related field required. Previous management experience required. Masters degree in related field strongly preferred.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents in lieu of stated minimums require prior approval of Vice President for Human Resources or his/her designee.
Responsible for the management, design, development, implementation, and oversight of the technical services infrastructure to support IT initiatives across the institution.
* Provides leadership in the development of strategic approaches for the integration of technology into the core academic areas of the institution.
* Manages multiple development teams supporting different platforms, products or lines of business. Responsible for ensuring appropriate levels of support across teams, and maximizing team performance.
* Develops, distributes, supports, enforces, and integrates best practices and technology standards across the department.
* Stays current with new and developing technologies. Seeks opportunities to innovate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the technical solutions across the academic space.
* Works collaboratively with faculty and staff to provide technical consulting to design, develop, and implement technology to support academic operations and innovation.
* Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
* Ensures the consistency and sustainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
* Directs and prioritizes the work load of lower level managers and staff. Selects, develops, and motivates staff to effectively carry out IR and AIS department functions.
* Directs the design, development, and maintenance of systems, programs, and systems software to meet management and institutions information needs.
* Assists management with development of project operating budgets, expense tracking and cost projections.
* Ensures compliance with applicable internal and external policies, regulations, and standards of practice.
* Maintains knowledge of developments in the area of technical solutions, software, systems, hardware and incorporates new developments into the future systems of the institution.
* Provides technical expertise on development, coding, infrastructure, design and best practices. Guides the design, development and implementation of effective technical solutions.
* Manages internal and external user expectations through regular communications and status updates.
* Responsible for overall project management, including project timelines, quality management, resource planning, testing, training and documentation.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Selects, develops, and motivates staff to effectively carry out IR and AIS department functions.Directs the design, development, and maintenance of systems, programs, and systems software to meet management and institutions information needs. Assists management with development of project operating budgets, expense tracking and cost projections.Ensures compliance with applicable internal and external policies, regulations, and standards of practice.Maintains knowledge of developments in the area of technical solutions, software, systems, hardware and incorporates new developments into the future systems of the institution. Provides technical expertise on development, coding, infrastructure, design and best practices.Manages internal and external user expectations through regular communications and status updates.Responsible for overall project management including project timelines quality management resource planning testing training and documentation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Work requires significant knowledge of complex databases.
* Work requires significant knowledge of various programming languages.
* Work requires significant knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures and browser/client specific compatibility issues.
* Work requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Work requires excellent managerial skills.
* Work requires excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
* Work requires minimal physical exertion, but may require sitting and standing for long periods of time.
Work is performed primarily in general office environment.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.