Deltek is seeking a Director to lead our IT Business Intelligence team. This position will require a mix of capabilities spanning across BI strategy and architecture, project execution, operations and leadership. You will develop strong relationships and partner with business and IT stakeholders at all levels of the organization to transform how Deltek uses data and analytics to achieve our goals.
Data and Analytics Vision
* Partnering with IT and business executives, contribute to vision for how Deltek can make more effective use of data and analytics technologies to achieve company goals * Educate and influence senior executives, peers and team members on needed improvements (build the case for change) and describe how we can achieve them
* Understand Deltek business process and applications landscape and lead the evolution of BI architecture to meet changing business needs * Work closely with multiple stakeholders (business leaders, power users, citizen data scientists, end users, business analysts) to understand business requirements, evaluate alternatives, and recommend technology solutions * Design and deliver a robust, highly efficient EDW and BI platform that will best meet strategic business goals, in a cost effective manner * Deliver thought leadership in the areas of advanced data and analytics tools and techniques * Conduct research, perform product evaluations and make recommendations on BI tool vendors * Keep up to date with latest technologies in the BI space through various methods (e.g., conferences, webinars) and identify those that will support our business needs * Promote architectural best practices for data modeling, ETL design, reporting, and analysis tools * Promote consistency of BI tools, techniques and processes in a hybrid environment where analytics efforts occur in both a central IT team as well as in decentralized business teams * Champion non-functional requirements across systems (e.g., security, performance)
* Partner with project managers, business analysts, and business stakeholders on the development of BI project plans, and participate in the execution of projects to ensure successful project outcomes. * Provide technical oversight on BI projects * Lead team efforts around system requirements, capacity planning, performance and storage requirements * Create/Review/Approve BI deliverables * Negotiate with vendors on SOWs, project technical approach, roles and responsibilities * Coordinate technical efforts across all engineering teams (e.g., Network, Infrastructure, Security)
* For high priority incidents, coordinate BI team response, ensure right engineers are engaged, assist with triage and impact assessment, ensure that end user communications are being sent regularly. * Participate in incident post mortems, challenge team on root cause, identify improvements, assign and follow up on action items. * Identify needed changes, review and approve change requests. * Monitor support queues and follow up on tickets to ensure proper response, resolution, and SLA compliance * Monitor BI asset usage and identify improvement areas
Customer Relationship Management
* Become a trusted advisor to IT and business executives for data and analytics-related topics * Manage stakeholder expectations regarding BI solutions and initiatives * Partner with business stakeholders to drive data literacy across the organization
People, Vendor and Team Management
* People Manager for team, to include hiring, performance management, compensation planning, career development planning * Resource Manager for team, to include roadmap planning, effort estimations, and assigning resources to PMO-managed large projects; BI sprint items; support cases; and operational tasks/activities * Manage BI vendors, to include nurturing relationships, escalating when needed, vendor evaluation/selection, purchasing and renewing software licenses
* Bachelor's Degree with a major in either Management Information Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience. * 10+ years working in an IT environment, including both project and production support experience * Management/IT Consulting experience is a plus * 5 or more years of previous supervisory experience in an IT environment. * Demonstrated expertise in business intelligence solutions and data warehousing, and a passion for delivering solutions that enable us to harness the value of data * Curiosity and eagerness to embrace and learn new BI technologies and approaches * Strong knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies * Experience with a wide variety of BI technologies (e.g., Qlik, Cognos, MS SQL server, MS SSIS) * Basic knowledge of hardware and infrastructure components (servers, network, storage, security) and how they interface with software applications * Demonstrated ability to set process improvement goals and drive team toward results that will continually improve our business applications capabilities * Strong people management skills * Strong oral and written communication skills * Ability to coach team members and assist them in achieving team objectives * Ability to develop strong relationships with internal customers * Ability to interface with and provide regular updates to executives. * Ability to assess the risks and rewards to the organization of potential decisions * Strong business acumen, including understanding of how IT contributes to overall corporate objectives * Ability to operate as part of the management team, taking accountability for their own results as well as the results of the entire company
Deltek provides enterprise software, ERP (enterprise resource planning) and information business solutions for services firms and government contractors.