Digitizer - Fremont, CA
Fremont, CA, US, 94538
Architectural Glass & Metal
Job ID: 153404
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Digitizer will be responsible for entering all custom patterns into the system for production. Interpret and enter sketches to be produced by our CNC operators. Sort
paperwork by description and size, make production notes, print labels, and distribute paperwork to production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Operates computer-aided design Cad system as well as peripheral equipment to resize or modify integrated circuit designs artwork to generate computer tape of artwork for use in producing mask plates used in manufacturing integrated circuits
* Reviews work order procedural manuals to determine critical dimensions of design
* Calculates figures to convert design dimensions to resize dimensions specified for subsequent production processes, using conversion chart calculator
* Locates file related to specific design projection data base library and loads program into computer
* Enters specified commands into computer, using keyboard, to retrieve design information from file display design on Cad equipment display screen
* Types commands on keyboard to enter resizing specifications into computer
* Confers with engineering as well as design staff to define design modifications and enters editing information into computer
* Keys in specified information, using keyboard connected to on-line or off-line peripheral equipment plotter, to produce graphic representation hard copy of design for review as well as approval by engineering design staff
* Enters specified information into computer, using keyboard, to generate computer tape of approved design
* Regular and predictable attendance, safely performing tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job
* Ability to read and understand drawings and sketches and incorporate this information on to a software program used in
* Must have the ability to create and modify drawings in CAD/CAM software
* Must be proficient in AutoCAD
* Accurate Data entry skills, numerical skills and good math aptitude to include; fractions and decimals
* Must be familiar with Millimeters and inches as a unit of measure
* Must be highly detail oriented and have the ability to solve problems with little guidance
* Strong customer service skills, organizational skills self-motivation, and the ability to multitask and work independently
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
* Hazards - Exposure to chemicals/fumes, pinch points, exposure to excessive noise, strains/sprain, laceration/puncture, particulate exposure, contusion, temperature extremes, slipping, burns, shock, loss of limbs
* Controls - Personal protective equipment, safety training, written procedures
* Safety Equipment - Back belt, safety glasses, steel toe shoes/boots with metatarsal guards, cut resistant gloves with liners, cut resistant outerwear
* Noise levels in the work environment can be moderate to high
* The plant facility is subject to the same general climate conditions of the region (heat,
cold, humidity, etc.)
* Chemicals, dust, pollen, and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls, and PPE
* While some chemicals may pose health risks if not properly used, employees are trained on the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals
* While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company's hazardous communication program
* Only online applications will be accepted
* When applying, please provide full employment history
* Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 9, 2019
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Engineer, Chemical Research, Drafting, CAD, Fabrication, Engineering, Manufacturing