Digital- Sr. User Experience Designer - Design Systems
Req #: 190053401
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Digital
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America's households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,200 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation that builds on our successful mobile and online service offerings. We're invested in using digital innovation to deepen customer engagement and profitability; position us as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments; and enable us to deliver the highly personalized, real time experience customers increasingly expect.
Our design system team is seeking a mid/senior UX designer who will help define and grow of our design system across mobile, web, and ATMs. We are looking for a designer who is comfortable working across digital product lines and is able to pick out opportunities for consistency. We are particularly interested in designers with experience creating and maintaining enterprise-level web applications. You'll need to be capable of pushing designs from ideation and into production by developing partnerships with designers, developers and product owners. Balancing and reconciling multiple and sometimes conflicting requirements is a key aspect of this role.
Your role will be to work with other designers from all parts of JPMorgan Chase to establish common components and design patterns that bring our design principles to life. Your customer is every designer, developer, and product manager within JPMorgan Chase, and it is your responsibility to ensure the assets your team creates meet their needs while facilitating cross-product and cross-brand consistency. You'll need a strong ability to look beyond immediate requirements to anticipate how a design could be useful or limiting in alternate scenarios. You'll need to be a strong design leader, with the ability to influence and guide other designers in the creation of reusable design solutions that align with established design standards, or lead the creation of new standards. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys versatility and frequent change on projects and design challenges.
This position isn't bound to any single product and your ideas and efforts will have a direct influence on the design of applications that reach over 50 million JPMorgan Chase customers.
* Lead the identification and design of common components and patterns for use across our digital ecosystem
* Partner with designers, developers, and product owners to apply and evolve our design system
* Ensure the design assets your team creates maintains the highest of quality standards
* Build relationships with other design leads and other key stakeholders to drive adoption of the assets your team creates
* Identify opportunities to increase the consistency of our customer's experience
* Provide design direction to developers and work through technical limitations
* Operate within the confines of sprints and help prioritize work based on needs and resources
* 3+ years of experience designing/building web applications
* BA/BS in design, engineering, or related field.
* Prior experience creating and maintaining reusable UI components and patterns
* Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
* Proven understanding of native mobile design and development
* Effective communication of design decisions and reasoning
* Solid communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
* An understanding and experience making accessible design
* Experience navigating competing needs within large organizations
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.