Digital - Sr. Design Technologist
Req #: 190038838
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Job Category: Digital
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America's households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,200 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambition is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
Our Design Systems team is adding a Design Technologist. In this role, you will support our multi-brand and multi-platform Design System with the code and tools that help application designers and engineers work better together. Design Systems at Chase is a strategically important effort within the Design and Customer Experience organization, and is staffed by a team of designers, engineers and content experts who share the vision of enabling quality customer experience execution at scale. Your work will have a big impact on our customers, as well as on our geographically diverse teams of application designers and engineers across the company.
You will need strong technical and communication skills along with a customer-centric point of view. The ability to work closely with UX designers, product, researchers, and other engineers to deliver a robust and scalable technology product is critical to your success in this role.
Your role will combine your technical experience in UI development (web or native mobile), general software skills (using tools such as Node, git, and Jenkins), and knowledge of the UX design process to bring our design principles to life through reusable components that span designer tools and engineering code. You'll need a strong ability to look beyond immediate requirements to anticipate how your work could be useful or limiting in alternate scenarios. You'll need to be a strong leader, with the ability to influence and guide teammates and stakeholders in the creation of reusable solutions that align with established design and engineering standards, or lead the creation of new standards.
Your ideas and efforts will have a direct influence on the design of applications that reach over 50 million JPMorgan Chase customers.
* Work with designers and other engineers to build state-of-the-art design tooling, code artifacts and component libraries for a multi-brand, multi-platform Design System.
* Help define the best way to increase the visibility, usefulness and maintainability of design artifacts as well as UI component code artifacts.
* Deliver both production-quality and proof-of-concept code in a variety of frameworks and tools.
* Own the stability of shipped tools and libraries.
* Work with technical writers to create documentation and training resources.
* 3+ years of work experience writing and releasing UI libraries or application UIs on top of Node, iOS, Android or other stacks, complete with test automation, CI integration, developer documentation and versioning / publishing controls.
* Knowledge of design team techniques and tools such as Sketch (preferred), InVision, UXPin and others. Experience writing plugins for design tools is a strong plus.
* Experience with popular component technologies such as Web Components (preferred) or React. Strong experience styling components on the web (using CSS), iOS and/or Android, especially in a multi-brand/themed environment.
* Strong understanding of continuous integration principles, functional testing and source control using Git.
* Experience working in an Agile development team.
* History of success creating and deploying enterprise level software
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.