Digital Signals Processing Engineer (FPGA experience)(Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 217308
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: None
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
BIT Systems ( BITS ) is looking for an Digital Signals Processing Engineer, who will work on the DSP Engineering team in our Dulles, VA office. This position requires a background in digital signal processing (DSP) and communication theory. The candidate will participate in the project phases to include (but not be limited to): design, debug, and test of signal processing algorithms running on a variety of platforms supporting intelligence, defense, and other government missions.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Participate in the design, development, integration, and testing of hardware/software to go into our DSP baseline.
* Leverage education and on the job programming skills in VHDL, C, C++, and Python for development activities
* Participate in the definition of requirements, CONOPs and architecture for future systems
* Help with Receiver architectures, Software channelization, Modulation/demodulation, Spectral analysis activities
* Use knowledge and understanding of radio frequency (RF) systems and test equipment (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, etc.) in support of projects and Senior Technical staff activities.
* Help with link budgets, range estimates, and system sensitivity assessments
* Support field testing of the equipment being developed
* Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain TS/SCI CI Poly clearance.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent and three to ten years of related experience.
* Experience using MatLab, Python, or other scientific programming languages modeling and simulating Digital Signal Processing algorithms
* Experience developing and implementing Digital Signal Processing algorithms in FPGAs, preferably Xilinx, using VHDL and or Verilog
* Programming skills and experience in C, C++, or Python
* Linux software development experience
* Thorough understanding of software defined radio systems:
* Receiver architectures
* Software channelization
* Modulation/demodulation techniques
* Spectral analysis
* Working familiarity with radio frequency (RF) systems and test equipment (spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, etc.)
* Ability and willingness to learn new skills and to work across domains (HW, SW, System, Test) when necessary
* Ability and Willingness to learn and work in the X-Midas framework
* Exposure to all phases of product development (concept, design, implementation, test, and production)
These Would Be Nice to Have:
* X-Midas programming experience is desired
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.