The Pfizer Business Technology Digital Center of Excellence builds and maintains the platforms and capabilities that enable Pfizer Business Units to connect digitally with our customers. We build advanced cloud based technology solutions at a global scale that positively impact Pfizer business performance. Pfizer is accelerating the use of digital technology across our entire commercial business. We are utilizing the Drupal platform to create cost competitive and technically advanced solutions to meet our current and future needs. We need highly skilled people that can work independently in a fast paced environment and deliver on the promise of digital.
The SR Manager, Digital Services Technical Lead role provides technology leadership for the projects executed within Pfizer's DSE Global Digital Services team.
Pfizer currently has a web platform to serve the growing demand of digital marketing efforts globally. We are utilizing the Drupal platform to create a cost competitive and technically advanced solution to meet our current and future needs. In addition Pfizer also uses SharePoint and .Net technologies to enable internal colleague digital collaboration websites and information portals.
We are looking for a Technical Lead to join our DSE Digital Services team. The team is responsible for the creation of all of our external facing websites leveraging our digital marketing platform and the enterprise quality features that are available. In addition to all internal colleague collaboration/Information portals and team sites. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop high-quality code, define & provide direction on architecting solutions to meet Business Requirements and lead in project design and direction. The candidate will have the ability to lead teams in the development of high quality re-usable solutions. We require excellent communication skills, problem solving in a team environment and the ability to lead digital projects design and direction. We require excellent People manager skill, strong communication skills, problem solving skills, Program/Project Management skills, a deep understanding with a proven and relevant experience in various Digital (Web, Social, multichannel) platforms and successful delivery track record of solutions/campaigns focused on a variety of external customer types along with ability to effectively operate in a matrixed team environment.
* Provide technical guidance & oversight on Digital Services projects
* Provide technical guidance and assistance to support teams in the review/resolution of technical support incidents
* Identify, initiate & lead continuous improvement projects
* Participate in daily meetings and regular planning and review sessions
* Interact with remote teams to ensure complete delivery of web applications
* Provide documentation as required and lead code reviews, planning sessions and routine status stand-ups
* Define, communicate & maintain technical standards including quality/coding standards for vendors
* Provide and/or assess accurate level of effort time estimates and provide recommendations for feature prioritization
* Assist in release/deployment planning and execution activities
* Review and critique code developed for critical projects
* Accountable for the succesfull implementation of technology according to plans.
* Develop, Maintain & Communicate technical standards and best practices for delivery on the Web Platform ecosystem
* Conduct & manage the technical vendor review/certifications
* Technical consultation and support for SCOs/BPs on technical aspects/solution approaches in ideation/discovery phases
* Responsible to ensure that Services delivery technical approaches/solutions are aligned with other team's (Products, Platforms) development roadmaps and the key communicator back to the Digital Engineering team
* Review/Create, Publish & Maintain appropriate technical standards/guidelines for development teams
* Lead revelavnt communities of practice/forums that include technical leads from key vendor partners
* Technical assessment/consultation of proposed solutions
* Oversight, consultation and guidance ("module governance") to dev teams
* Focus on continuous improvement initiatives in the delivery space - research, PoCs, developing/reviewing modules/micro-services for existing or New features
* Contributer to technical roadmaps for both Digital Services process focus areas and solutions.
* Independently & or through collaboration develop, update & publish common technical standards, best practices
Education and Experience
* Bachelors degree required, BA degree in computer science and information systems preferred
* 7+ years experience in web application development with minimum 3+ years experience in Drupal application development
Technical Skills Requirements
For this role we are seeking developers with advanced enterprise experience in designing and delivering web solutions on the Drupal platform.
* Individual will be self driven & with experience managing, leading cross functional teams of colleagues, contractors
* 8-10+ years experience in web application development with minimum 4+ years experience in Drupal application development
* Exposure and/or Experience with platforms such as JanRain
* Exposure/Experience with applications built on SFD C
* Advanced experience with Drupal architecture, best practices, and coding standards
* Experience with object-oriented design and data modelling
* Advanced experience with Analytics applications, including Adobe Omniture
* Familiarity with user experience design principles and processes
* Understanding of responsive design, the challenges of mobilization of web assets and developent capabilities to support mobile.
* Experience with third-party applications/tools and integration
* Knowledge of web application security considerations
* Experience with source/version control systems
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong time management and analytical/problem solving abilities
* Experience with continuous integration best practice and deployment strategy
* Experience with automated testing frameworks.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Travel will be required as part of this role as it is a virtual position. Expectations around travel will vary but candidates must be capable of travel within the region, to other regions, and to Pfizer World Headquarters.
* Business Technology is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: June 28, 2019
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a biopharmaceutical company developing and manufacturing human and veterinary medicines, as well as consumer healthcare products.