Deliver multiple end-to-end projects from inception and requirements definition through to delivery. Up to a value of £750k per year (£50k - £350k per project). You will be client facing, collaborating with internal teams, third parties and clients. Ensuring teamwork between all parties to successfully deliver quality projects. Working closely with your PD you will champion Delivery to ensure we find creative solutions to all our challenges within the agency. You will meet deadlines and work within project estimates in order to deliver projects to exact timings and expected quality.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Gathering accurate requirements for scoping at project outset from relevant stakeholders, understanding and prioritising requirements.
- Working with leads to accurately compile an estimate for an agreed scope of work. Planning and defining projects for validation with team.
- Structures an estimate according to the most appropriate model and methodology. Effectively communicates this to the client, with clear documentation and timings (SOW, RAID log, Timing plan).
- Have an excellent understanding of standard project documentation, including timelines, resourcing and scopes of work.
- Ensures projects meet business and client needs and are delivered within the agreed scope. Managing scope creep accordingly with the CS team and ensuring AF is covered for additional work.
- Manages cross-functional project teams throughout the full project lifecycle. Ensures that the Programme Director is involved for key decisions made.
- Ensures a strong project team culture through collaboration and communication.
- Being the main client point of contact for all day-to-day communications on the project.
- Proactively identifying risk. Identifying and working with the PD to understand how to manage it. Working with the team and communicating effectively both internally and externally.
- Managing project overruns (EAC should be within 5% variance of agreed estimate).
- Successfully tracks and communicates progress and change to stakeholders and team, through clearly defined governance structures.
- Works with the Resource team to actively Manage folk throughout the duration of the project against budgets and timings.
- Actively books all project resource at the beginning of a project for the full duration of the activity.
- Tracks and reports financial status of a project against current estimate. Highlights potential overruns before they occur.
- Escalates overruns to the PD and helps them resolve financial issues as they happen.
- Ensures all projects above a budgetary value of £50k have a Post Project Review recorded and appropriately communicates findings.
- Can manage a pitch process when required. Working with Delivery Lead to produce relevant department pitch collateral.
- Achieves personal and team billability and utilisation targets.
- Learns new Delivery methodologies, including DSDM, to ensure an understanding of AF Delivery framework.
To be successful, you will:
- Have the ability to manage multiple stakeholders internally and with clients (with support).
- Have the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Proven to have a high level of planning and attention to detail.
- Is known within AF as a strong Delivery person across all types of work.
- Successfully delivers projects to exact time and quality levels.
- Ensures project EACs are adhered to on all projects (5% compliance)
- Show the ability to lead projects within AF. Delivering to a high client and internal satisfaction.
- Have the ability to manage multiple stakeholders (i.e. suppliers, partners and clients) with the input of the Programme Director. Prioritising requirements to ensure the best outcome for both the client and AF.
- Has established great client relationships on projects and is seen externally as a strong Delivery team member.
- Illustrates ability to manage resource internally and also third party partners effectively, for the relevant scale of the projects.
- Keen to share knowledge and help others within the team.