Appirio, a Wipro Company helps customers create next-generation Worker and Customer Experiences using the latest cloud technologies. Our free-thinking consultants deliver unmatched customer value by creating actionable strategies, delivering results quickly, and helping organizations adapt to a new experience-driven era. We do this by harnessing the power of one of the world's largest crowdsourcing communities and thousands of pre-built solution accelerators. Appirio is a trusted partner to some of the world's largest brands, including YP, Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Home Depot, Sony PlayStation, Moen, and IBM.
Brief Summary of Role
Project Leads will manage one or more projects for our customers providing day-to-day leadership to drive the collection of user-driven requirements; lead the combined team through the UX and creative design of the system; translate the wireframes and creative design into actionable user stories; and oversee the development, testing and implementation of custom solutions and products.
* Monitors and manages project financials, scope, and schedule to ensure project stays on track for assigned client projects. Drives implementations of high-quality digital solutions.
* Acts as primary day-to-day point of contact for the client and the operational aspects of the project. Objective focused on building strong customer relationships.
* Facilitates or co-leads with customer project manager regular status meetings with project team, sponsors, and all stakeholders.
* Adheres to Appirio's Digital delivery methodology and tools for delivering custom projects and is primary on coaching and ensuring the team adheres to the same methodology.
* Able to play a Product Owner role on Digital development projects. This requires a deep understanding of the functional requirements of the solution, an understanding of the customer's business needs and motivations, and an ability to act as the liaison for the customer to the delivery team.
* Strong understanding and experience working in an agile delivery model.
* Ability to write detailed user stories that encompass the complete technical solution, with help from tech leads on the project. While a deep technical knowledge of mobile, web, and integration technologies is not essential, enough experience and knowledge to be able to understand how components technically fit together is required.
* Hyper attention to detail and world-class organization skills
* Possesses the ability to assess risks in process, people, or technology and adjusts project plans to address accordingly.
* Assists consultant team members in the delivery of client presentations during requirements, design, pilot and user acceptance testing sessions. Reviews deliverables prepared by the team before sharing with the client.
* Provides mentoring, guidance and general care and feeding to project team members, including offshore team members.
* Achieves published company utilization targets.
Education and Required Experience (Requirements)
* B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent, or equivalent years of professional experience in a relevant field
* Brings 5+ years project management experience with custom development implementations
* Experience in professional services/consulting organization
* Experience in Agile approaches to project management
* Strong presentation and communication skills
* Proven ability to manage budgets for projects greater than $500K
* Located and able to work in the U.S. from a home office and able to travel up to 40-60%
* Experience working with and managing global development teams
* Experience delivering digital solutions and products (mobile, web, custom applications)
* Estimation/sizing, SOW/Change Order contracting experience preferred
* Not eligible for visa sponsorship
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.