Whole Foods Market
The Digital Channel Marketer, SEO is responsible for helping to develop and execute a comprehensive organic search optimization strategy across Whole Foods Market's website (including mobile web), and developing partnerships to further organic search with other marketing channels including social media and paid/partnerships. The Digital Channel Marketer, SEO acts as a search optimization evangelist with internal and external stakeholders, and ensures consistent application of best practices. This role will also aid in informing seasonal and campaign content development and local store information discoverability. The ideal candidate will know how strike an appropriate balance between SEO tactics and big-picture brand and editorial storytelling.
* 4-6 years of experience in digital marketing, with a significant focus on SEO, including experience managing organic search for high-traffic and high-domain authority sites
* Deep understanding of organic search, including SEO trends and best practices, as well as pitfalls and obstacles that can hinder SEO efforts
* Expertise Experience in on-page and off-page SEO approaches, including both editorial-content marketing- and e-commerce-specific tactics
* Experience with the core aspects of local search and GMB Google listings, including management tools like Brandify or Splash
* Experience using enterprise SEO tools/platforms (BrightEdge, Rio SEO, or similar) preferred
* Adaptable, experienced and knowledgeable enough help inform all areas of digital marketing, both from an SEO standpoint and beyond.
* Understanding of content and asset development; ability to strike a balance between SEO tactics and brand voice/editorial nuance
* Adaptable, experienced and knowledgeable enough help inform all areas of web marketing, both from an SEO standpoint and beyond.
* Dedication to a high-level operational execution; track record of producing excellent results
* Affinity for data, analysis and measurement
* Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, results oriented environment. Flexibility to work in a decentralized structure.
* Ability to advocate for best practices in a diplomatic way; able to articulate data-driven rationale
* Proactive, can-do approach to problem-solving
* Passion for the Whole Foods Market mission and values
* Works with a broad cross-functional team (Digital Product, Technology, Integrated Marketing, and Content/Editorial, etc) to establish and implement an integrated multi-channel SEO program
* Supports SEO/content optimization across all channels in collaboration with content/editorial team, social media team and media/partnerships team
* Performs keyword research and analysis to support and inform new program activations, content development and marketing campaigns
* Conducts audits and leads optimization of existing content and partners with content team to improve natural search ranking
* Collaborates with digital designers and managing content editors to optimize new page design to meet SEO needsestablish content architecture; helps to balance customer experience with business/communication needs
* Collaborates with media/partnerships team and content/editorial team to ensure create complementary SEO/SEM alignmentexecutions
* Partners with digital marketing analytics team to track and analyze traffic and user behavior on an ongoing basis to measure success
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of SEO best practices; acts as an evangelist and trainer for internal stakeholders on SEO trends, tools and tactics
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
About Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is a company operating a chain of natural and organic foods supermarkets.