Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Digital Forensics Software Engineer
Req #: 190049810
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Digital Forensics Software Engineer - Cybersecurity Associate
As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you're equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you'll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You'll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You'll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You'll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
The successful candidate will work in partnership with Cybersecurity's product management, architecture, and operations teams to enhance forensic capabilities utilizing existing products and provide continuous improvement in a hands-on environment on numerous and varied applications. The candidate will adhere to all cybersecurity standards and practices which include the ability to write clear and concise code and documentation. Additionally, the candidate will build software solutions to assist in enhancing our digital forensics technologies. Candidates should have experience in practical networking, Operating Systems, development, engineering, administration, information technology, and security.
The Digital Forensics Software Associate will be a critical member of the team contributing to the design, development, and implementation of forensics software solutions for our Digital Forensic and Analytic Services Team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Design, develop, implement, test and deploy tools and solutions in support of the firm's digital forensics security platform roadmap
* Develop, implement, and execute standard procedures for the administration, content management, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle management of the firm's digital forensics security platforms
* Contribute on technical inputs to management during proof-of-concept reviews for new security products
* Provide technical guidance to the Security Operations Center, Digital Forensics and/or the lines of businesses during investigations or incident response
* Enhancement of Forensic capabilities which include automation of processes and procedures as well as cloud enabled abilities.
* 3+ years of software development experience with a background in security engineering and/or infrastructure engineering.
* Object-oriented software development experience with languages such as C#, Java, Ruby or Python.
* Experience with Git or similar source code management tools.
* Experience in the Secure Development Lifecycle and execution of key development actions like static source code analysis, penetration testing and threat modeling is a plus.
* Understanding of networking (ports/protocols), firewalls, load balancers and IPS is a plus.
* Ability to articulate technology concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff, including senior business leaders
* Possess a high degree of initiative, motivation, and problem-solving skills.
* Must be able to understand and solve problems that involve trade-offs between security, cost containment and timeliness of service.
* Knowledge of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
* Proficiency in the use of skills tools, staying current with skills, participating in multiple forums
* Experience with Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks is desired
* Ability to analyze vulnerabilities, threats, designs, procedures and architectural design, producing reports and sharing intelligence
CTC (Cybersecurity & Technology Controls)
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
We are looking for multi-disciplined forward-looking technologists like you with diverse backgrounds and experiences including in areas such as cybersecurity, big data, machine learning risk management and controls, compliance and oversight, cloud security.
Tech at JPMC
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
High Security Access (HSA)
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.