In order to address the most critical needs of our clients, RSM US LLP has established the Security and Privacy Risk Consulting group, comprised of more than 150 professionals dedicated exclusively to serving the cyber security needs of our clients. This group includes experienced consultants located throughout the country dedicated to helping clients with preventing, detecting, and responding to security threats that may affect their critical systems and data. We serve a diverse client base within a variety of industries, and we are relied upon to provide expertise within areas of security testing, architecture, governance, compliance, and digital forensics.
We are seeking an experienced Consultant to join our Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) team. Our DFIR practice is made up of individuals able to contribute tangible value to our clients in the areas of digital forensics, incident response, network vulnerability testing, IT risk assessments, and cyber investigations.
Responsibilities will be based on background but will typically include:
* Proactively participate and supervise on projects involving the identification, collection, and analysis of computer systems and electronic data sources relevant to investigative, legal, or regulatory initiatives.
* Evaluate malicious activity on company networks assets and mitigate threats using data loss prevention tools, processes, and techniques.
* Perform and supervise remote and onsite digital evidence collections and forensic analysis tasks through the use of industry standard hardware and software applications.
* Generate precise written and oral reports and professional communication for senior level review and client-facing in support of various projects.
* Facilitate communication and coordination between staff, clients, client internal and external counsel, and law enforcement entities
* Ability to identify cyber security risks and remediation tasks of networks and computer systems.
* Understand the technical skills required for completing digital forensic investigations within a lab environment and remote client locations.
* Follow and document proper evidence collection and chain of custody practices.
* Analyze network logs, computer systems, and malicious code to identify scope and timeline of system compromise and Research and testing of digital forensic hardware and software solutions and identify opportunities to improve the team's capabilities.
* Assist with the development and delivery of remediation recommendations for identified findings
* Identify and clearly articulate (written and verbal) findings to senior management and clients and train staff
* Help identify improvement opportunities for assigned clients
* This position is for individuals with 3-5 years of hands-on technical or digital forensic investigative experience of personal computer systems, servers, email and electronic data storage, and mobile devices, with a preference for prior consulting or professional services backgrounds.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college/university
* EnCase, CFCE or equivalent certifications
* Ability to travel as needed
* Must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality, as well as the ability to adhere to both company policies and best practices
* Strong verbal and written abilities
* Strong multitasking and project management skills
Preferred qualifications that may vary by candidate:
* One or more of the following technical certifications or similar: GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED); GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH); GIAC Certified Incident Analyst (GCIA); GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA); GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM); or equivalent vendor specific certifications (e.g. AccessData)
* One or more of the following governance certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professionals® (CISSP®); Certified Information Systems Auditor® (CISA®); Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®)
* Expertise in one of the following and familiarity/experience with the others: Network forensics (packet analysis, sniffers, examination of suspect ports and services, etc) and log analysis
* Host and network IDS/IPS platform experience (Sourcefire/snort, Cisco, TippingPoint, Tripwire, Dragon, OSSEC, McAfee HIPS, Symantec Endpoint Protection, etc)Malware analysis (file, memory, behavioral) on Windows and Linux systems, experience with mobile devices would be of great benefit
* Understanding of programming languages, assembly, debuggers /compilers /dissemblers to analyze suspect code and bypass obfuscation Malware monitoring experience (any SIEM, Mandiant Intelligent Response, NetWitness, Damballa, FireEye, etc.)System, file, and memory analysis tools experience (sysinternals suite, foundstone suite, hex editors,VMware, sandboxing, etc) System forensics and investigations
* Demonstrate a clear understanding of digital rules of evidence including acquiring forensically sound images, maintaining chain of custody, and the privacy aspects of performing investigations on employee systems
* Forensic tool suites experience (EnCase, Nuix, Autopsy, FTK, etc)
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req5606
Line of Business: Consulting Services
SubFunction: RAS Security&Privacy Risk Cons
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req5606
Location: 18401 Von Karman Ave, Flr 5, Irvine, CA US
Region: West Region
Job Category: Business Consulting/Technology
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
About Junction Solutions
Junction Solutions offers industry-specific ERP solutions and expertise for the retail and consumer goods industries.