The eDiscovery Services division of Leidos is looking for an experienced Digital Forensics Examiner to support our efforts at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) at 1155 21st Street NW, Washington DC.
* Examines and performs comprehensive technical analysis of computer-related evidence and information stored on devices during the course of investigations and litigations.
* Conducts offsite forensic collections of digital evidence using best practices and approved software and hardware (travel required).
* Provides skilled technical guidance and assistance to staff personnel involved in the investigation and litigation process to ensure precautions are taken to prevent spoliation of evidence.
* Serves as technical consultant and provide as-needed training in data recovery, forensic examinations, and techniques to staff personnel and contractors.
* Provides operational and administrative support to the Digital Forensics Laboratory in configuring hardware and software and managing inventories. Ensure evidence is stored and archived in a manner consistent to maintain preservation and protection of data and evidence. Ensure all hardware and software is verified and validated in accordance with established guidelines and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
* Provides oral and written communication to staff personnel concerning findings of fact, results of examination(s), and legal declarations, and testify in court as to the procedures and methodology used to recover and identify relevant evidence.
* Examines and performs comprehensive technical analysis of computer-related evidence and information stored on a device(s) during the conduct of an investigation or litigation.
* Bachelor's (or equivalent related experience) and at least 5 years of progressive technical experience that demonstrates relevant skills in digital forensic investigations.
* Must have a current, and continue to maintain, a related industry standard certification (e.g., EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE), Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE)).
* Must have experience performing multiple tasks described in the job description.
* Must have demonstrated experience and skill in digital forensic investigations
* Must have hands-on experience using digital forensics software, including, but not limited to EnCase, Forensic Toolkit (FTK), and X-Ways Forensic software.
* Must have experience with acquiring devices with hardware (Tableau, Wiebetech, etc.)
* Must have experience with acquiring devices with software (Internet Evidence Finder, Blacklight, Bootable CD/DVD, etc.
* Must have experience applying investigative and litigation support principles and methodologies.
* Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
* Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a government background check.
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, digital forensics, or Information Technology related field preferred.
* Written a declaration
* Independently conducted forensic collections of digital evidence in the field as part of a search warrant/electronic collection.
* Testified in court about your digital forensics work.
* Current or active clearance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.