FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
FireEye is seeking a Digital Forensics Examiner who will be responsible for evidence intake, management, and supporting the day-to-day operations of the Forensic Lab while maintaining a high degree of organization and accountability. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and organizational skills as well as a desire to be a part of an innovative team striving to advance high-end professional services to the Mandiant Consulting team.
* Receive physical and electronic data transfers from clients and consultants.
* Support FireEye/Mandiant's global forensic labs and evidence control systems.
* Apply industry-accepted practices in retrieving, recovering and preserving digital evidence from mobile devices, workstations, servers and cloud-based sources.
* Create and update evidence documentation, including chain of custody forms and examiner notes.
* Deliver quality support to consulting team members
* Contribute to the team's ongoing efforts to improve the organization's digital forensic capabilities
* Interface with consultants regarding case investigation and status.
* Perform regular internal audits of evidence, equipment, and resource usage.
* Demonstrated understanding of chain of custody procedures, forensic lab best practices, and evidence handling.
* Knowledge of and experience with forensic best practices.
* Familiarity with computer networking, network storage and data storage devices.
* Familiarity with applicable laws, standards and best practices in the context of digital forensics.
* Familiarity with tools used for incident response and digital forensics (e.g., Encase, X-Ways, Cellebrite).
* 1-3+ years of digital forensic experience.
* Demonstrated ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external).
* Proven experience managing multiple tasks and priorities independently and in a team environment.
* Proven experience writing lab protocols and standardized operating procedures within a global consulting practice.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present complex technical matters clearly and concisely.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
* Forensic certifications preferred.
* Exposure to digital forensic examinations a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
FireEye is a cybersecurity company that provides products and services for protection against advanced cyber threats, such as advanced persistent threats and spear phishing.