Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO is a proven online, mobile and industry leader. We are seeking a proven highly collaborative individuals to intern on our growing Digital Experience team as a UX Researcher, UI Designer, or UI Developer for 10 weeks. As an intern, you will get the opportunity to get hands-on experience to grow and hone your skills while working alongside experienced team members. These experienced team members will provide valuable mentorship. As an intern, you'll get the opportunity to work on several different projects that get implemented in production. Create and modify UI designs for mobile and web digital properties. Collaborate with analyst and development teams across the organization to create seamless user experiences. Create high-fidelity wireframes and design artifacts using Adobe Photoshop. Employ GEICO standards, style guides, and language in UX documents. Work from given business requirements and creative concepts to create UX documentation. Present and pitch designs to all levels of management.
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
Must meet some of the following qualifications but not all as it pertains to the role you are interested in on the team:
* Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills
* Proficient with Adobe Creative (Photoshop and Illustrator) and other UX prototyping, wireframing, and mapping tools
* Experience designing responsive websites
* Basic understanding of HCI principles
* Basic knowledge of iOS and Android HIGs
* BA/BS or higher in graphic design, user interface design, cognitive psychology, or a related discipline
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.