DXC Technology is a global leader in the information technology services business. As one of the world's leading services organizations, we help clients focus their IT investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style of IT. Through seven interconnected practices, we advise, transform, and manage to advance each enterprise, no matter where they are in their journey. We also bring the best of DXC Technology together to deliver innovative solutions that matter to our clients.
What the Digital Enterprise Architect that has industry expertise in the manufacturing vertical will do:
The Digital Enterprise Architect (DEA) is the `Storyteller` and will be responsible for the end to end solution including the industry and business approach, implementation methods, use of technology, business and IT processes and will influence the commercial and financial models.
The DEA will also help define the use of the Compound Offerings and will utilize or help create the `Business patterns` used on the Digital Account. Industry knowledge is vital and they need to tailor the Industry Framework for their particular Digital Account.
The Digital Enterprise Architect will work as part of a multi-functional team with the Client, Partners and DXC Sell, Build and Deliver to design, prove and pilot solutions that meet the needs of our clients' Digital strategies and align with DXC business objectives.
* Digital works on the business, so the DEA must understand customer business and the industry by actively researching their sector to determine business issues
* Establish technical credibility with existing and prospective clients, providing the ability to cultivate relationships and envision creative sales and solution strategies that generate additional revenue
* Understand complex business problems and commercial frameworks and how to apply a logical, systematic approach to arrive at an appropriate solution
* Understand commercial and disruptive technology trends in the client's market and understand how these interact to constrain and inform a target solution
* Understand what represents best of breed from a technology perspective in your customer's vertical market
* Know who the leaders and disrupters are in their peer group and why
* Understand what the client's Digital program will deliver from a business and benefits perspective and advise on areas where this is not congruent with the evolving solution
* Create a value proposition that is directly linked to a client's business model and issues
* Quickly learn new business models and drivers and articulate how DXC can help clients to meet their goals
* Present to CxOs, discuss business process with business managers, and work with developers on solution strategy, architecture, and code
* Define the digital solution from the initial ideas in response to the business challenge through prototype, MVP / pilot to production
* Work with the client to identify innovation ideas to meet the business challenge
* Understand and make full use of DXC and partner solution demonstrations and capabilities for producing proofs of concept and prototype solutions
* Lead cross-organization, multi-functional teams in a collaborative approach to solution discovery, design and development particularly through the DTC interface.
What the Digital Architect will need:
* A diverse mix of skills to help enterprises to use technology to disrupt their own business models and then successfully design and implement new Digital solutions.
* Maintain expertise in one of the following industries: Manufacturing (Gen or Food), Financial Services (FINS), Banking, Retail, Healthcare, Insurance, Travel/Transportation, A&D, or Automotive
* To be flexible and adaptable, in terms of dealing with ambiguity, learning fast, networking with colleagues and keeping up with the latest industry and technology trends.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Fluent in contemporary Digital technologies and platforms, including CX, mobile app dev, APIs, SaaS, MicroServices, OSS, AI and Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, Edge, IaaS, PaaS, CaaS and FaaS. Will understand how these industry related business patterns and their underpinning technologies can be used to meet the business needs
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination in business, computer science, information technology or related field preferred
* 10 or more years of business solutions, technical consulting, or sales solutions experience
* Be technical across a number of areas - importantly they must understand coding in modern languages including mobile app and backend development, data science, modern IT architecture modeling, CICD, automation principles and IT security (traditional skills for solutioning of infrastructure operations and project management are not as critical)
* Understand the concepts of Lean approaches and the details of Agile methodologies and related methods (e.g. SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, DAD, Nexus, Agile, XP development, DevOps); be able to apply these as appropriate in different client contexts and solution phases
* First class influencing skills, able to quickly become a though leader and trusted advisor
* Familiarity with business and technical concepts such as business process design, applications development and service management in a Digital operating model (including new concepts such as Wardley mapping)
* Outstanding communication including written, diagrammatic and oral and able to reduce complex ideas to simple terms and express these to both a non-technical and technical audience
* Need to have a broad base of skills and experience and will need to work in small teams in an autonomous manner
* Have a proven pedigree of leading large IT projects whether those are consulting, pre and post-sales transformational IT services or IT design and build projects in IT departments
* Be knowledgeable across industry, business, IT strategy and digital strategy, and technology domains. Have a primary Industry where they can articulate knowledge of that industry, the clients competitors and the challenges that need to be addressed and overcome
* Have experience of applications and will have transitioned through an architecture role before growing their business and commercial skills
* Keep up with the latest trends, be a disruptive thinker and have experience of driving cultural change in organizations
* Travel up to 50%