With over 21,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft CSS team includes support engineers, support advocates, pre-sales, and business leaders who serve our customers in 191 countries and 46 languages, providing best-in-class service and support. Our Customer Services and Support (CSS) team is on the front lines with our customers - Consumer and Enterprise - helping them get the most from their technology investments.
From end-to-end, Microsoft Customer Service & Support (CSS) is transforming the way we support our customers, and we want you to be a part of it! CSS is a dynamic, global organization that delivers great customer experiences across all Microsoft products, every day.
In CSS, our vision and promise is to Drive Customer Success with a Modern Support experience across the customer lifecycle. We aspire to deliver seamless experiences with quality, speed and value. The Engineer and Advocate Support Tools Team enables our transformation with telemetry, tools, readiness and business intelligence to drive successful outcomes for our customers. We know our customers and anticipate their needs across every stage of the lifecycle.
The Engineer and Advocate Support Tools team seeks an experienced, highly motivated innovator who will drive CSS efforts to digitally transform our customer and agent experiences in support. We seek to define and set the standard for Modern Support, achieving world class and industry-defining standards. In this role, you will ensure that our strategic delivery and operational tools enable a broad support transformation with a digital business at its core.
If you have a knack for designing and innovating digital solutions (tools) that enrich and improve user experiences, you'll love our team. You will take point to transform the experiences of our Advocates and Engineers as they support Microsoft's vast and diverse lineup of products, each with its own unique support experience requirements. You will drive improvements by representing users with well-articulated, data-backed scenarios that clearly identify their challenges with an eye toward improving efficiency, effectiveness, and satisfaction.
* 8+ years of business experience; self-motivated, confident working at an executive level and comfortable working in a matrixed organization
* Demonstrated experience in digital tool design with an emphasis on CRM, Sales, and Decision-Management technologies
* Demonstrated ability to document and communicate strategies that enable digital transformation.
* In-depth understanding of customer/user VOC and requirements gathering methods in sales, service & / or support group.
* Ability to define strategy and execute operational tactics to create tops-down & bottoms-up connections
* Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
* Proficiency working effectively in complex and ambiguous environments
* Immense passion with a positive attitude
* BA/BS in a technology or business field such as: product management, business process, economics, or business operations is required; Master's degree preferred
* Experience working with, or influencing, an Engineering team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Leverage and influence the CSS Digital Transformation strategy and deliver high quality transformation plans and solutions on behalf of CSS stakeholders
* Assess and manage our Support-related technology imperatives, goals and challenges
* Analyze and document the end to end user (support advocate and engineer) technology experiences to optimize their day to day operations
* Use data-driven approaches to identify issues that erode user experience and satisfaction, and partner to form business solutions using agile methodologies
* Serve as a constant champion of the user experience with our development and business partners
* Provide and own plans that support the full Digital Transformation lifecycle, including design, implementation, adoption and support
* Participate in Release Management cadence and drive adoption of tools and features
* Partner with the Voice of User Analyst to drive the monthly reporting rhythm, including commentary creation and correction of errors (COE) plans; facilitate creation of ongoing scorecard metrics, and proactively identify potential business issues
* Use a structured methodology to drive change (adoption) within the organization
* Execute measurable business value realization plans through oversight, tracking and reporting
* Drive quality outcomes through effective governance
* Assess technology partners' portfolios and maintain alignment to unified CSS Digital Transformation programs
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.